• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

CS3 won't work on Windows 10

New Here ,
Oct 03, 2017 Oct 03, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

We have just upgraded from windows 8 to 10. We downloaded all programmes onto external hard and have been uploading back onto laptop but CS3 will not work. Dialogue box comes up with ..Code execution cannot proceed because AdobeLinguistic.dll was not found. Reinstalling may help. Folled by same for AdobeOwl.dll, ahclient and AXEDOMCore. I am totally lost with techy stuff and reading posts haven't helped. Can anyone tell me in simple steps how to get my CS3 back to work as I have a stack of photos I need to work on

Thanks in advance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

First, your existing CS3 will not work to install... and install you must, copying programs does not work

CS3 and Acrobat 8 activation server is retired see reply #1 https://forums.adobe.com/thread/2372929

-steps to fix activation problem in https://forums.adobe.com/thread/2385900

Second, you may not get CS3 to work at all due to it being very old

Two ideas that MAY work to install and/or run old programs in Windows 10

-RIGHT click the program icon or EXE and select a compatibility mode in the pop up option window

-or Run as Administrator http://forums.adobe.com/thread/969395 to assign FULL Windows permissions may help... says Encore, but sometimes required for ALL Adobe programs (this is NOT the same as using an Administrator account)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Read this article, which explains how to solve your problem step by step

How To Fix "Adobelinguistic.dll" Is Missing Errors Information & Resources To Fix Common Computer Pr...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

CS6 works on Windows 10 but to install CS3 you need to download the new install that does not need activation.  To get te download and serial you will need to enter your CS3 serial. Activation or connection error when starting CS3 or Acrobat 8

You also need to install the uddates after you install CS3 Adobe - Photoshop : For Windows

Capture.jpg

JJMack

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 30, 2020 Dec 30, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

INCORRECT! I just loaded CS3 back onto my computer.  Even though the server is retired, Adobe gave me a new key via phone support  for CS3. All you do is call, give the registration number via key pad on your phone, and they give you a new key.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Dec 30, 2020 Dec 30, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Did Adobe also give you a new installer with that key?

Adobe did make a CS3 installer for their old customers that use CS3 they could download and install that did nor require activation before Adobe retired the CS3 Activation server.  Adobe has since removed that download from public access on the web. That download requires a different key then you had  to use with the Activation servers for your license serial.  Many of us have that installer and can install CS3 on windows machines running Windows 10.  However, it is still a old  32bit version of Photoshop that can not use all your machine has to offer and lacks the worthwhile updated in newer versions of Photoshop.  Even some CS6 support is 32bit support.  Perpetual version of Photoshop can not even run nativity on Mac machine with Apple's  latest Operating system installed. For Apple's new hardware Adobe plans to release a version of Photoshop that will run nativly on Apple new silicon in 2021 

JJMack

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 17, 2021 Dec 17, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Where can I get this installer and key? I have CS# and feel I should still be able to use it. I can install but there is a prompt that is asking me to activate the software and Adobe servers do not function. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@Jim22302064wmos 

You have replied to a thread from 2017 and things have changed. The activation server for CS3 has been shut down and you cannot activate a new installation. You can continue running it on your older hardware and OS as long as they both continue to function.

https://helpx.adobe.com/download-install/kb/activation-deactivation-help.html 

Jane

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

End of life product 

CS3 Software is past End of Life.   CS3 is 14 years old.   CS3 has been out of support for years it is no longer possible to get a new installer and new key from Adobe.  Adobe CS3 Activation Servers were retired years ago.

JJMack

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines