Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Converting My Flash Games To HTML5

Community Beginner ,
Oct 03, 2017 Oct 03, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello!

I've been making small Flash games for a number of years now for my local hospital. Due to the impending demise of Flash, I want to convert my files to HTML5, but I'm not 100% sure how to do it. I have Adobe Flash Professional CS5. I see all kinds of programs and conversion services in my Google searches (Swiffy, Haxe, Shumway, etc), but I'm not sure what to use. I don't want to have to redo my work (as I'm not sure if I still have the files or not). Ideas, insight, and opinions are greatly appreciated. Thank you very much!

ProfPieHunter

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Oct 03, 2017 Oct 03, 2017

Hi.

1. Update to Adobe Animate.
  2. Rewrite the code in JavaScript.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

use adobe animate cc, https://creative.adobe.com/plans

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

As kglad mentioned, you could use Animate CC, which is the new name for Flash, so it's really the same program. The actionscript will not be converted for HTML5 canvas, so if you would like some help getting started with that, feel free to message me.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 09, 2022 Feb 09, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi, I am trying to convert a simple flash game to HTML5. I could use some help converting the actionscript to java.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi.

1. Update to Adobe Animate.
  2. Rewrite the code in JavaScript.
Marlon Ceballos.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 08, 2017 Oct 08, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I checked my hard drive and found some of the original .fla files. I have another question, though. When I publish my projects in Flash Pro CS5, an .exe file is created with everything else. If I replace my .swf files with the corresponding .exe files, will I have problems when Flash is discontinued?

ProfPieHunter

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Oct 08, 2017 Oct 08, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Theoretically, you will not have problems with .exe files. Just keep in mind: 1. .exe files can’t be executed by the browser 2. You can’t edit .exe files.

Marlon Ceballos.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Oct 09, 2017 Oct 09, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

the exe is a file users would need to first download, and second install on their (windows only) computers.  the program would remain and work as long as the user left it installed.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Mentor ,
Oct 09, 2017 Oct 09, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Google Swiffy is no longer available and is deprecated, as is the case with Shumway. Haxe is quite different, and will require re-development (as far as I am aware).

I agree that publishing to an executable is your best last remaining option now. Until Operating systems are updated, which may mean the executables might no longer function. But I doubt that will happen soon - you ought to be fine for at least five - ten years, depending on the platform.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Sep 24, 2019 Sep 24, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello 🙂 My name is Alexander, I'm contacting you about an opportunity to give your Flash-based games a chance to keep going!
We have created a technology IceStone that allows us to easily convert FLASH to HTML5.
At the moment we have successfully converted 180 games.
In case you wish to proceed, feel free to contact me via 

alexander.k@icestonesoft.com or skype: alexanderimmune

You can always find more information at https://icestonesoft.com/

Best regards

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines