• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Uploaded to HostGator and get message "Some files on the server may be missing or incorrect..."

Participant ,
Jun 07, 2017 Jun 07, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

I've been trying to upload my Muse site to HostGator, and have run into an issue I've seen mentioned here before. Though there didn't really seem to be a solution. I've got the latest version of Muse. I exported to html. I went into File Manager on the Cpanel, and uploaded the zipped html into the website folder in the public_html folder. Unzipped, and loaded my site. Then I get the above.

I talked to a HostGator tech, and he said it was an Adobe issue. He also said it looked like some files could be missing.

The website is erikrosenbluh.net

Here's what the Cpanel looks like:

Screen Shot 2017-06-07 at 2.58.41 PM.png

Any help would be most appreciated. I'm sooooo close to being done with this site. 🙂

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Participant , Jun 07, 2017 Jun 07, 2017

Ok, after HostGator telling me it was an Adobe issue, I called Adobe and they said I should upload through Muse and not use the Cpanel on HostGator. I did that and it worked (after finding the fix to a different error).

When uploading, you'll need to ftp info, and then a box will ask for your Site url and the Folder on Server. The default for Folder on Server is "public_html" but you're gonna want to add your website after that, so it looks like folder on server: public_html/yourwebsite.com

And th

Votes

Translate

Translate
Participant ,
Jun 07, 2017 Jun 07, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ok, after HostGator telling me it was an Adobe issue, I called Adobe and they said I should upload through Muse and not use the Cpanel on HostGator. I did that and it worked (after finding the fix to a different error).

When uploading, you'll need to ftp info, and then a box will ask for your Site url and the Folder on Server. The default for Folder on Server is "public_html" but you're gonna want to add your website after that, so it looks like folder on server: public_html/yourwebsite.com

And the Site url should be: yourwebsite.com

Hope that makes sense.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 03, 2017 Oct 03, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I am having a similar issue, hostgator is my hosting site but it wont let me upload my site through muse. It says does not appear to point to or it cant find the server folder.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines