• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Anyone have an issue with superscript automatically changing to subscript in comments?

New Here ,
Oct 03, 2017 Oct 03, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I am a copy editor/proofreader, and I work in PDF markups in Adobe Acrobat XI Pro.

Sometimes, I need to copy existing text from a PDF and paste it into a comment to make edits or rearrange the wording. If that copy already contains a special character (em dash, en dash, superscripted number, trademark symbol) or if I need to “clear formatting” because the text is in white, anything I superscript within that copy changes to subscript.

So for example, if the PDF says:

It’s easy — just go …

Now, let’s say this copy is in white in the PDF and I need to add a footnote. I copy the phrase, use the “Add Note to Replace Text” tool, paste the copy, and do Text Style > Clear Formatting. Then I add a “1” after “easy.” If I select the “1” and do Text Style > Superscript or do Ctrl-Shift-+, it superscripts the “1.” However, as soon as I click away from the comment box, the superscripted copy changes to subscript.

In the above example, I know there would be easier ways to do this, but I am just using a simplified example to make it easier to explain.

Does this happen to anyone else? Is there any way to stop this from happening?

Thanks!

TOPICS
General troubleshooting

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 16, 2019 Oct 16, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My colleagues and I are experiencing the exact same problem right now!

does anyone have a solution for this?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 11, 2024 Jan 11, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Did you end up figuring out how to fix this ?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines