• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Scroll effects for mobile and tablet

Engaged ,
Sep 30, 2017 Sep 30, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I noticed that I can't control scroll effects for any breakpoints at 768 or below. This means I cannot have these effects on a iPad or any mobile displays. Is this a limitation with Muse?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Oct 03, 2017 Oct 03, 2017

Watch this:

Scroll features: Responsive versus adaptive​

You opened another thread and here is the answer for both.

To control scroll effects is only possible with fixed width breakpoints.

Mobile devices like fluid width breakpoints, so … Mr Watson?

Best Regards,

Uwe

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No.This is the limitation of these tiny little, way too expensive devices with this "i…" in its name.

Sorry, we didn`t set the rules

Best Regards,

Uwe

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Of course you can define and control scroll effects for breakpoints smaller than 768 px! (this has absolutely nothing to do with „i“devices!)

Are the breakpoint, in which you want to apply scroll effects, defined as fluid width? Scroll effects only can be used on fixed width breakpoints.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Oct 01, 2017 Oct 01, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

But sometimes scroll effects are very, let´s call it "wacky" on i-devices, aren´t they?

Also on window-devices scroll effects are not welcome.

My experience, …

Uwe

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sometimes scroll effects are not so smooth on mobile devices, but this is the case on nearly every smartphone, especially with an older operating system  – and: it wasn’t Indie’s initial question. His problem was: "I can't control scroll effects for any breakpoints at 768 or below“.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Guide ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

His problem was: "I can't control scroll effects for any breakpoints at 768 or below“.

"The master is not the one who won the fight, but the one who did not allow the fight in general" Philosophy of Aikido

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Not in this case, Pavel. The original poster obviously has created wrongly defined breakpoints, and that has more implications as simply not being allowed to use scroll effects.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Guide ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I think from all our answers there is a complete picture that will be useful

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,
Oct 03, 2017 Oct 03, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm using a template from Musegrid, Unfortunately, as I'm discovering, I cannot modify a Musegrid template. I guess I have to build the site using alternative layouts if I want to achieve scroll effects or import into Dreamweaver and finish building in there with jQueary plugins?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Watch this:

Scroll features: Responsive versus adaptive​

You opened another thread and here is the answer for both.

To control scroll effects is only possible with fixed width breakpoints.

Mobile devices like fluid width breakpoints, so … Mr Watson?

Best Regards,

Uwe

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,
Oct 05, 2017 Oct 05, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks for the info!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

… for mobile and tablet .

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

???

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Guide ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It depends more on browsers. The only mobile browser where the scroll effects work fine is Firefox. In addition, the effects of scrolling create a significant load. They should not be used for mobile devices at all - this is the world practice in web construction. This is also the same if you were transporting concrete blocks using a small, ladies' car .

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ok, I think what I learned here is that you can't have scroll effects on a responsive design, which is a bummer.  I guess it's back to Dreamweaver and jQuery plugins.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines