• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

What is with our real name and email showing in forums when we're logged in?

Community Beginner ,
Oct 03, 2017 Oct 03, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I posted some comments and then an answer to a question in the forum, but I deleted everything because I realized it was showing my real name and business email address (in the popup when I hovered over my name). I checked in a different browser that I wasn't logged into and noticed that it properly protected my name and email, but why the deception? What is with making it hard to know what others see? We should see ourselves exactly the same as others do in the forums.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Only you see that.

This is what we see:

sn.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 05, 2017 Oct 05, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Understood, but it's needlessly confusing. We should see the same thing everyone else does.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

screennamescreen  wrote

Understood, but it's needlessly confusing. We should see the same thing everyone else does.

Oh please... if you go to a credit card site, you see a generic page... if you log in to your account, you see your information

So of course you see your information when you are logged in... but as already mentioned, nobody else sees your actual name

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

https://forums.adobe.com/people/John+T+Smith  wrote

screennamescreen   wrote

Oh please... if you go to a credit card site, you see a generic page... if you log in to your account, you see your information

So of course you see your information when you are logged in... but as already mentioned, nobody else sees your actual name

Or Amazon or PayPal or Google, etc....

Nancy O'Shea— Product User, Community Expert & Moderator
Alt-Web Design & Publishing ~ Web : Print : Graphics : Media

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you log out, you will see what we see.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There has been more than one occasion when Jive broke again, and mods (at least) could see real names and email addresses.  I am not sure why a person would want to keep their name a secret.  Emails can certainly be abused, why hide behind a screen name?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Trevor.Dennis  wrote

why hide behind a screen name?

in my case a real name is linked to a different business and that creates a conflict of interest

if you give Adobe your real name then Adobe will use it... you have control of what Adobe | forums knows about you

so for example if you tell Adobe your name is spongebob and you live on the ocean floor just off the washington coast then I assume the database will list you as a Trump supporter but it won't display your real name in this forum

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Oct 04, 2017 Oct 04, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Too funny norway but well said. The choice is up to you to reveal your name, use a screen name, business name... and it's good that we can decide for ourselves.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Are you actually saying you don't understand why people would want to stay anonymous? That you don't get privacy?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines