• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

cs5 camera raw update problem for 5D Mark iii

New Here ,
Oct 03, 2017 Oct 03, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Years ago I purchased CS5 on an older mac computer and downloaded it.  Ive been shooting with a 5D Mark ii and just recently I bought the latest Mac and need to edit photos taken with a 5D Mark iii.   I downloaded the camera raw update for this model of camera but when I go to do the upadate in photoshop it get an error message saying it could not do the update.  I'm not sure what to do. 

Any advice? Please help!  Is there any way to talk to support on the phone??

Thank you in advance!

JP

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi

The canon 5D Mk111 needs camera raw 7.1 or later

Cameras supported by Camera Raw

However ACR 7.1 needs Photoshop CS6

Camera Raw plug-in and Adobe application compatibility

Photoshop CS6 is no longer for sale so you have two choices.

1. Upgrade to Photoshop CC - which is by subscription

or

2. Download the free DNG convertor. Convert your Raw files to DNG and open those in your old version of camera raw. You can download the DNG convertor here

Digital Negative (DNG), Adobe DNG Converter | Adobe Photoshop CC

Dave

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The canon 5D Mk111 needs camera raw 7.1 or later

Cameras supported by Camera Raw

That's true for full camera support. However, Camera Raw 6.7 came with initial support for the 5D Mark III.

Adobe Camera Raw 6.7 and DNG Convertor 6.7 Now Available on Adobe.com

So, if the OP updates to ACR 6.7 in CS5, Raw files from the 5D Mark III can be opened and edited.

In their wisdom, Adobe has chosen only to show the ACR versions in the supported cameras table which offer full Raw support (e.g. in this case, only 7.1).

This is misleading.

It leads to people being unaware that lower versions of ACR (in this case 6.7) - and therefore their version of Photoshop (in this case CS5) - can, in fact, open those 5D Mark III Raw files.

I have pressed the case with Adobe for including both versions of ACR in the supported cameras table (e.g. "6.7, 7.1")

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi John,

Thank you for your help!  This is good to hear.  I tried downloading the update but this is the message I got (I'm also operating on MAC OS Sierra. I don't know if that makes a difference or not)

“AdobePatchInstaller” can’t be opened. You should eject the disk image.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

John,

Thanks. As you say it would help if Adobe reflected that camera support in their help pages.

Dave

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Dave,

If I download the DNG converter can I still edit in camera raw like a raw image can be modified/edited?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Update to camera raw 6.7 and you'll be able to open the Canon 5D Mark iii  cr2 files in photoshop cs5.

Adobe - Photoshop : For Macintosh : Camera Raw 6.7 Update

In order to install the 6.7 camera raw update, follow the instructions under Creative Suite 5.5, 5, and 4

on the following page.

Installing Creative Suite on macOS 10.12 (Sierra)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Jeff,

I did you what you said and this is the message I got

“AdobePatchInstaller” can’t be opened. You should eject the disk image.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You have to follow the directions under Creative Suite 5.5, 5, and 4 and drag the Install exec to the Terminal as it explains in Step 5.

Installing Creative Suite on macOS 10.12 (Sierra)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines