• ķ•œźµ­ ģ»¤ė®¤ė‹ˆķ‹°
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Installing CS3 and upgrades to CS6 extended on a new pc with windows 10

New Here ,
Oct 04, 2017 Oct 04, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I originally bought Photoshop CS3 then got the CS5 upgrade then upgraded to CS6 extended. This was all  on a Windows 7 PC. I now have a windows 10 PC. Do I have to install CS3, then the CS5 upgrade, then the CS6 extended upgrade, or will just installing  CS6 extended work?

Thanks in advance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Engaged , Oct 04, 2017 Oct 04, 2017

If you did clean install/use a new pc with Windows 10 a, you might need to reactivate, otherwise upgrading to Windows 10 should let you keep you license on the PC. Reactivation from a new PC shouldn't be a problem, just remember to deactivate the license of your old pc on your new one

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No. Just install CS6, and have the CS5 serial number ready when the installer asks for it.

It doesn't matter if CS5 was itself an upgrade, it only goes one version back.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Great, thank you for your help.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I think just installing straightaway CS6 will do! Maybe check also this Activate and deactivate Adobe products . As I think CS6 activation servers are still up

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Are you suggesting I would need to activate it again or just make sure it's already listed as such?

Thanks again

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you did clean install/use a new pc with Windows 10 a, you might need to reactivate, otherwise upgrading to Windows 10 should let you keep you license on the PC. Reactivation from a new PC shouldn't be a problem, just remember to deactivate the license of your old pc on your new one

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

OK, I'll check that out.

Thanks for your help. Much appreciated.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines