• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Areas of images flicker when using crop tool.

Explorer ,
Oct 04, 2017 Oct 04, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just noticed this issue where certain parts of the image (usually the bottom) will flicker when using the crop tool in Photoshop.  Has anyone seen this before?  Images below.

Im on a iMac 27" 5K mid-2017, 4.2 ghz i7, Radeon Pro 580, OS 10.12.6, Photoshop 2017.1.1.

Photo Oct 04, 6 35 50 AM.jpg

Screen Shot 2017-10-04 at 6.29.48 AM.png

Screen Shot 2017-10-04 at 6.29.48 AM.png

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Does turning off »Use Graphics Processor« in the Performance Preferences (Photoshop > Preferences > Performance > Graphic Processor Settings) and restarting Photoshop have any bearing on the issue?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It does seem to make it go away, but then I get really choppy performance.

- Luke 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This might indicate problems with the GPU driver which might need updating (or rolling-back, another unfortunate option).

Alternatively you could try changing the Preferences > Performance > Graphics Processor Settings > Advanced Settings (restarting Photoshop after each change) to see if some other combination of settings might work better.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I tried other combinations in the Advanced Settings (restarting each time) with no success.

I'm on a Mac with the card that shipped with the computer so shouldn't drivers be automatically installed in OS?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm on a Mac with the card that shipped with the computer so shouldn't drivers be automatically installed in OS?

Yes, but ever wonder with which products Macintosh makes the majority of its revenue and which products consequently might not be getting quite the attention their customers would hope for? (edited)

Is your card on the list of tested ones?

Photoshop graphics processor (GPU) card FAQ

I am a Mac user myself, by the way.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I don't see my card listed under tested cards.  Bummer.  I've benchmarked my card and ran hardware test and both look good so I guess I'll just assume it's a bug.  Thanks for the help!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines