• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

SlideShow Not working in InDesign CC 2017

Community Beginner ,
Sep 30, 2017 Sep 30, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am trying to place an self running slideshow in InDesign CC 2017, but somehow its not working. 

Checked google for any solution and found a video for the same (Digital Publishing With InDesign CC: Slideshows - YouTube ). As per the video this option will not work on spreads / facing pages.  So i have tried the same on single page, still it doesn't work.

Settings & everything else is same but the slideshow is not playing in the output

Please help! 

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Oct 01, 2017 Oct 01, 2017

The overlay panel is for the now-defunct DPS and the AEM Mobile only. Please see this thread: Indesign CC - Object states with slideshow problem

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
Oct 01, 2017 Oct 01, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The overlay panel is for the now-defunct DPS and the AEM Mobile only. Please see this thread: Indesign CC - Object states with slideshow problem

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks Bill for the help     

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Happy to help.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 03, 2017 Oct 03, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Bill,

Good Morning ..

I hope you can help me with another query with InDesign CC 2017.

In An EPUB fixed layout when placing a video file we have the options to change the controller ..

If i change the controller settings to "None" I should not get any controller on the video. In the SWF preview it works, but it is not working in EPUB interactivity preview or in the actual EPUB exported. 

Please Help

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Oct 04, 2017 Oct 04, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I did some research on this and found that some EPUB viewers will show the controller and some will not. Obviously, the EPUB preview in InDesign does show it. I found an earlier thread that discusses this without a definitive conclusion but you'll find a few suggestions there which I hope you can find useful: No Skin for ePub 3.0 .

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 04, 2017 Oct 04, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Bill,

Thanks again for the support.

As per the thread it seams i need to check the same on different EPUB readers.  Currently i was viewing it on IPAD "ibooks".

I will install some more readers and check . 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Oct 05, 2017 Oct 05, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

You won't find a better reader than iBooks. I'm unaware of any decent epub reader that won't show a controller. If you find one, let us know.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Have a look at Publish Online or even in5: Ajar Productions: in5 - Home 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines