• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Browse Sequencing Not Displaying When Help is Deployed

New Here ,
Nov 19, 2008 Nov 19, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I see the Browse Sequence, but when the .chm is deployed in the DEV environment, no other user sees it. Why would this happen? Thanks.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, thegup55,

I believe you may need to install and register the file HHActiveX.dll in order for browse sequences and other RoboHelp add-ons to function. See this Knowledge Base article:

http://kb.adobe.com/selfservice/viewContent.do?externalId=rb_35580

Pete

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If the .chm is accessed by 250 users off a Citrix server, then isn't it enough to put the required .DLL on the server where the .chm resides? If not, then there is no way this is going to work.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You won't be able to see the content of CHM files when they are located anywhere else than a local drive. An MS security patch a year or so ago put paid to that. Therefore you'd have to get your 250 users to download it locally and then they would need to have the HHACTIVEX.DLL file registered.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What if I compile as WebHelp instead of .chm? Will they be able to see browse sequencing then without the aformentioned .DLL?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That's what I thought, but now when I compile as web help, I cannot view the result and I find no .htm compile under the webhelp dir. What could be causing this? I tired both no skin and skin. It says compile is successful but view result returns nothing.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Haven't you asked this in another thread?

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 20, 2008 Nov 20, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Not to my knowledge

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Nov 20, 2008 Nov 20, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST
So what happens if you click on the View Result button following the compile. Are you looking in the right location? Check the Output Directory specified in the Webhelp single source layout.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp