• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

GPU features turn off with Cintiq Pro 16 plugged through 2nd Nvidia GPU (4-screen setup)

New Here ,
Oct 04, 2017 Oct 04, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

I have a 3-monitor setup + Cintiq Pro 16 (3440x1440 screen, 1920x1200 screen, 1280x1024 screen and Cintiq's 4K screen). My Windows 10 PC runs with two ASUS GTX970 STRIX in SLI (I use "Activate all displays" mode in Nvidia SLI config). 3 of my screens run off of 1st GPU, while Cintiq OR main ultrawide display runs on 2nd GPU's DisplayPort (each GPU has only 1 DP so I have to use both of them for my monitors).

In this setup, my Photoshop switches off GPU features completely if I place it on Cintiq screen, stating that "Could not complete your request because it only works with OpenGL enabled document windows" if I try to e.g. rotate the picture. If I put PS on my main display, not Cintiq, GPU features (image rotation etc) will work no prob. I have tried connecting Cintiq to my main GPU, while connecting the ultrawide display to the second GPU. Same thing. Apparently, 4 displays make Photoshop switch off GPU rendering no matter what

What do I do with this situation? It is clear that my GPUs can handle Photoshop features, and it is quite frustrating not being able to use certain key stuff like HUD color picker and image rotation.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Oct 04, 2017 Oct 04, 2017

Photoshop has issues with multiple GPUs

See section 7 in this link

Troubleshoot Photoshop graphics processor (GPU) and graphics driver issues

Dave

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Photoshop has issues with multiple GPUs

See section 7 in this link

Dave

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Adobe wrote Different GPU conflecting drivers  two GPU that are the same I believe should work. Not positive

Multiple graphics cards with conflicting drivers can cause problems with GPU-accelerated or enabled features in Photoshop. For best results, connect two (or more) monitors into one graphics card.

The Nvidia Quadro 4000 in my machine can drive two displays  max size  2160x1600 it drives two 1K displays

The Nvidia Quadro K2200 on my wife's machine can drive three Displaye 3868x2160  drives 2 1600x1200 displays and one 3860x2160

The Nvidia Quadro M2000 in my sone machine can drive 4 3860x2160 displar is onle driving a 1280x900 display

I would sneak is his room at night but he is up gammins all knght.  He would notice the swap anyway the M2000 handles gamming much better than my 4000..  the K2200 also does..

Smome thing a quadro can't handle gamming  I saw a video  where some nut hooked 16 4K displays with 4 Qyadro P5000 and was able to actually to play some games  15,360px x 8,640 around 124MP

JJMack

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Now that is some set up .

I am looking at a Quadro P2000 to replace my AMD HD7970 3GB.  The AMD card has 6 ports and the Quadro has 4 but in reality, I only use 3.  The main reason for changing is that Blender has dropped support for the older AMD card in it's latest version, so I now have no GPU acceleration for 3D in Blender.

Dave

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'd recommend one video card that has all the outputs you need.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines