Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Script Unsmart 2.0 is done

Enthusiast ,
Oct 01, 2017 Oct 01, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I need your help with testing.

Also check settings inside script and try different settings.

Download: Magic scripts for Photoshop

Please make sure that you test version 2.0

You also must copy file lexicon inside same folder.

Major changes:

- completely rewritten

- added viewless method if smart object has no layer comps

- opening and closing SO window only once if there are multiple instances

- better, faster and more reliable SO active composition detection

- Unsmart can now reproduce more deformations methods

- big performance improvements

- better artboards support for pixel perfect results

- mask is added automaticaly only if layers inside smartObject canvas are outside canvas

Reproduces from SO

- pixel mask (including: link, density, feather)

- disabled pixel mask

- vector mask (including: link, density, feather)

- disabled vector mask

- blend modes, fill, opacity

- name

- color tag

- deformation, position, scale

- layer effects scaling including shapes strokes with gradients, patterns ect.

- moves clipped layers to the SO group

- if SO is linked with another layes new SO group will be also linked

Can't reproduce

- warp

- SO filters

Known issues

- some deformations can't be reproduced with text layers or smart object vector layers. Nearest similar deformation is used.

- you might see different result if smart object has more layer comps but none is selected

- documents may not have compatible modes e.g. bits per pixels, color mode, pixel scaling

TOPICS
Actions and scripting

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,
Oct 03, 2017 Oct 03, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Personally I suspect that many people who want to »unpack« SOs don’t fully appreciate the matter.

But the task itself is quite challenging (looked into it myself a while ago) and it’s great that you undertake it and share the fruits of your labour freely.

I have not done extensive testing but two comments:

1) In the dialog the Script seems to be listed as » Undeform 2.0«.

2) I get an offset when unpacking a scaled and rotated SO that seems to be unintended.

unsmartTestJardaBerezaScr1.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for testing.

ad 1) yes name is wrong

ad 2) could you please send me test PSD? I will check it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I sent you a pm.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

c.pfaffenbichler:

It should be fixed. You can re-download script if you want.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Oct 04, 2017 Oct 04, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Jarda Bereza​,

nice work and thanks for sharing.

One question: Does Unsmart 2.0 always works with Vektor-SO?

The following case:

In a german forum there was a question. Copy one closed filled path with stroke (with 20 to 30 anchor points) in InDesign and paste it in a new document in Photoshop. The copied path will always changed in a SO.

Tested with Unsmart 1.1 or 2.0 --> no reaction. Independent if the parent doc has the same size or bigger is.

But after releasing the SO with the PS-function in a pixel layer (raster SO) and create a new SO from this layer Unsmart 1.1 and 2.0 will always do the job.

And creating a vector shape directly in PS and changing this shape in a SO --> Unsmart 2.0 will also works.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

pixxxel schubser:

You question is complicated for me.

I can't unsmart vector smart object. Because I would need SVG, EPS and AI file parser and this would be very complicated. Photoshop doesn't have buil-in function for this.

I am also ignoring smart objects with broken link and linked SO with not updated content.

I also can't unsmart video layer.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Don't worry - be proud about your good work.

I thought i ask you - maybe I overlooked something.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Today I noticed Photoshop freezing with native viewless unwrap on Mac OS. (drag smart object from library panel with Alt key)

I have no idea why. Maybe some file access restrictions? Maybe bug in Photoshop? Anyway it worked good in library panel.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry I do not work with Mac OS. And my english (and the translators) are not good enough to understand your question fullfully.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There is a lot to test there and some of the code seen to be in binary and other is fort some package I have never seen.  I trust you but I don't like installing binary scripts I will not be testing for I do not many of the thing these script are programmed for.  Even with the music muted I can not follow your video with out an overview or narrative or repetitive viewing.   IMO you are asking us to do a lot of work.

JJMack

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

JJMack: I don't need test everything. Just Unsmart 2.0 and this is not binary. Anyway feedback on other scripts is valuable for me. 🙂

It is a voluntary activity. You do not have to worry about it at all. Anyway I'll be glad for any feedback.

c.pfaffenbichler:

I found reason. Condition checking if SO content is bigger than parrent doc failed. Width and Height in document descriptor is in distanceUnit and this value changes with resolution. So I need get resolution, divide by 72 and multiply master document dimension with this ratio. Thx. This will be fixed in next version.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 27, 2018 Mar 27, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is anyone else getting this error trying to use un Smart?
Picture 2018-03-28 at 12.08.27 pm.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advocate ,
Mar 27, 2018 Mar 27, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Does "Lexicon-0.1.jsxinc" exist?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,
Mar 28, 2018 Mar 28, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Yes there must be both files. Lexicon is my library for easier work with JSX code.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines