• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How can I add lens profiles to Lightroom CC

Community Beginner ,
May 21, 2015 May 21, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I went in my Mac to /Library/Application Support/Adobe/CameraRaw/LensProfiles/1.0/ and found no lens profiles. Also, when in DEVELOP mode sometimes the lens I took the photo with appear and in other cases it does not, how can I add specific lenses to my lens profile folder?

For example, I have a Canon EF 16-35mm f/2.8L II lens and in some photos it says the focal length was 16 mm but this lens profile does not appear and it's the only 16 mm lens I have, in other photos this lens profile appear.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Lens profile support: https://helpx.adobe.com/x-productkb/multi/lens-profile-support-lightroom-4.html

Supplied profiles may mostly work with RAW only. Can you select the profile manually if it is not selected automagically? Are you shooting RAW or JPG?

You can install the downloader to check if somebody else already created a profile you are looking for: http://www.adobe.com/support/downloads/detail.jsp?ftpID=5492

If nothing is available, you can create your own: http://www.adobe.com/support/downloads/detail.jsp?ftpID=5489

--- Got your issue resolved? Please label the response as 'Correct Answer' to help your fellow community members find a solution to similar problems. ---

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi and thanks for the reply. I'm shooting RAW and save the files in CR2 format.

I went in my MBP into this Applications/Adobe Photoshop Lightroom X/Right-click Show Package Contents/Resources/Lens Profiles and found that what is stored is a combination of camera body and lens, for example:

• Canon EOS 5D Mark III (Canon EF 200-400mm f4 L IS USM EXT) - RAW.lcp
  • Canon EOS 5D Mark III (Canon EF 200-400mm f4 L IS USM) - RAW.lcp

Ans these are the only two lens profiles I have associated with the Canon 5D Mark III

And the downloader is only available for Windows machines, not Macs.

Any suggestion on how to add lens profiles?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Downloader for Mac:

http://www.adobe.com/support/downloads/product.jsp?product=192&platform=Macintosh

--- Got your issue resolved? Please label the response as 'Correct Answer' to help your fellow community members find a solution to similar problems. ---

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Manuel J Carvajal wrote:

Hi and thanks for the reply. I'm shooting RAW and save the files in CR2 format.

I went in my MBP into this Applications/Adobe Photoshop Lightroom X/Right-click Show Package Contents/Resources/Lens Profiles and found that what is stored is a combination of camera body and lens, for example:

• Canon EOS 5D Mark III (Canon EF 200-400mm f4 L IS USM EXT) - RAW.lcp
  • Canon EOS 5D Mark III (Canon EF 200-400mm f4 L IS USM) - RAW.lcp

Ans these are the only two lens profiles I have associated with the Canon 5D Mark III

If shooting raw files all of the lens profiles in that folder for Canon EOS 5D Mark II and Mark III should show in LR Develop module Lens Corrections> Profile> Model list. There are far fewer for JPEG files. Make sure you are looking at a raw image file. Here's what I see:

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Apr 30, 2017 Apr 30, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LR 6.10 - RAW .cr2 of 5D4 with the first Tamron 150-600 lens. The profile is there, but the LR doesn't detect it. Neither can I load it 😞 This is total nonsense.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Apr 30, 2017 Apr 30, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What do you mean with "Neither can I load it"?

You can always select the profile manually if it is not detected automatically.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
May 13, 2017 May 13, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Actually it was a JPG... My mistake. And I think that the camera had already added a lens correction to it. That is why Lightroom was NOT enough smart to know that the image was already corrected so it decided to provide a one default 24-70 f/2.8 lens correction profile.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
May 14, 2017 May 14, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Most lens profiles are for RAW only - the lens profiles have a tag that tell LR whether it is for RAW or JPG since this are always separate profiles. It doesn't matter if the camera already applied correction or not.

This is the reason why you can't see most lens profiles when shooting JPG.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
May 15, 2017 May 15, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So if I understand you correctly it depends on lens profile developer to tag the profile for twi versions (RAW & JPEG)?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes. But it's not just the tagging, a separate profile has to be recorded for JPG and RAW since some cameras do not handle both the same and you can not simply use one for the other.

You can try it you like - here's how.

Copy, move and rename a profile - change RAW to JPG in the file name. Look up here where custom profiles need to go: https://www.lightroomqueen.com/articles-page/lightroom-cc6-default-locations/

Open it with an Editor (it's a text file). Look for all these entries: stCamera:CameraRawProfile="True" and change all to "False".

Test the profile - your mileage may vary - creating a new profile may lead to much better results.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Something else ... I believe it's the same with Canon as with Nikon:

In-camera lens correction only works for own-brand lenses. I.e. Nikon cameras can apply lens correction to jpg only for Nikon lenses.

So, for your Tamron, there will never be an applied lens correction in the camera. It's the same with my Tamron's on my Nikon. However, since I'm shooting RAW, I don't care at all.

With your Canon lenses and shooting JPG, you'll need to make sure it's not applied in the camera and in LR once you have created a profile for JPG.

The Adobe Lens Profile Creator Tool « Julieanne Kost's Blog

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Nov 27, 2020 Nov 27, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Bumping an old thread.

I'm editing scanned TIFF files of negatives, I know the roll was shot on my Canon 35mm 1.4L lens but because it's a scan there is a very limited amount of lenses to choose from in the dropdown menu and it doesn't include the 35mm. I have the same problem when editing digital photos, the 100mm 2.8L lens isn't included in the dropdown menu.

When I click on the link above it takes me to the free trials and price plan etc, I can't find anything for downloading lens profiles, the full list of lenses posted as a screenshot below looks great, I get a list of fourteen lenses with it always clicked onto the 10-22mm, a lens I have never owned or used.

I know this is an old thread but is there a simple, idiot proof way of downloading the full list of Canon lens profiles into Lightroom?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Edit, I just clicked on a link from this page to request specific lenses https://helpx.adobe.com/photoshop/digital-negative.html#Adobe_Lens_Profile_Creator and got a 404 Error Page Not Found.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That link is working for me. From that post here's what you need to know.

As of 1/1/2018, the Adobe Lens Profile Downloader is no longer developed and is unavailable for download. Adobe's development team adds new lens profiles every release. You can also request for specific lenses here.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When I click on the "here" I get the same 404 Error that the page either does not exist or that I do not have permission to view it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks again for this.

I found a list of supported lenses but I don't know how to import them into Lightroom and haven't seen anything with this information provided. For the Canon digital and 35mm bodies I shoot almost exclusively Canon lenses but a number of them aren't on the dropdown list whereas the solitary third party lens I use with Canon, a Voigtlander, is or at least was the last time I edited photos in which I'd used it which was probably about a year ago.

Long story short, how and where do I import the lens profiles?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Many lenses only have a raw lens profile. You can create a JPEG version of the raw lens profile as outlined at the below link. This will properly correct Distortion, but may over or under correct Vignetting since the JPEG file has already been processed in-camera. You may be able to correct this by simply changing the Vignetting Amount slider setting and then use Setup> Save new lens profile defaults.

http://betterfamilyphotos.blogspot.com/2010/12/lightroom-creating-jpeg-lens-correction.html

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks Todd

I only shoot RAW so don't understand why I have such a limited choice in the dropdown menu.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You said, "I'm editing scanned TIFF files of negatives." If you have a TIFF file selected in the LrC Develop module loupe you will have a much shorter list of available lens profiles in the Lens Corrections dropdown 'Model' selector. There are NO additional profiles that can be downloaded since Adobe no longer supports the Lens Profile Downloader app and online database. It's GONE, no more, KAPOOT! You can follow the instructions I provided here for converting a raw lens profile for use with JPEG, TIFF files (i.e. non-raw files).

https://community.adobe.com/t5/lightroom-classic/how-can-i-add-lens-profiles-to-lightroom-cc/m-p/116...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 04, 2017 Oct 04, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have run into the same issue of my 17-35 lens profile not being there.  I tried to download the lens profile downloader as suggested by the group and have run into an error msg.

There is no application set to open the document “Adobe_Lens_Profile_Downloader_1_0_1.air”.

it then gives me the choice of finding an application to open it in or find an app at the App Store. 

Any suggestions of how to get the downloader to open.  thank you so much in advance for any help you can offer!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You need to have Adobe Air installed to run it: Adobe - Adobe AIR

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Downloading the Adobe - AIR did allow me to download the Lens Profile Downloader.  I found the lens and click on the lens and it began the loading detail.  Then an error box came up saying "Loading Details Failed".

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I was able to work through and get it to download, it says installed...now the next step is getting it recognized in Lightroom and photoshop.  Are there any pages with that information?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines