• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Copied Clip Starting outside sequence work area

New Here ,
Oct 04, 2017 Oct 04, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So when I copy and past a clip it will past to the exact time as when I copied it, so to say if the clip started at 3 minutes and 15 sec and I copy and paste it to a new composition it will put it at 3 minutes and 15 sec.

But if my composition I am copying it to is only 10 sec I normally have to go to the composition setting to extend the time of it then  I find the clip, drag it down to the work area I want It to be and then retime the composition so when I move that composition inside another one I am not dealing with unnecessary time to trim.

Is there an easier way or a short-cut to move a clip to the starting of a composition?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Oct 04, 2017 Oct 04, 2017

I assume you mean copy a layer, not copy a clip.

If you copy a layer and paste it using the keyboard shortcut Alt/Option + Ctrl/Cmnd + v it will paste at the current time.

If you want to move a layer's in point to the CTI (current time indicator) you can use the [, the ] moves the out point to the CTI. Adding Alt/Option to the square bracket key sets a new in or out point for a layer.

If you have a "home" key Alt/Option  + home will move a layer to the start of a composition. If you are on a lapt

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
Oct 04, 2017 Oct 04, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I assume you mean copy a layer, not copy a clip.

If you copy a layer and paste it using the keyboard shortcut Alt/Option + Ctrl/Cmnd + v it will paste at the current time.

If you want to move a layer's in point to the CTI (current time indicator) you can use the [, the ] moves the out point to the CTI. Adding Alt/Option to the square bracket key sets a new in or out point for a layer.

If you have a "home" key Alt/Option  + home will move a layer to the start of a composition. If you are on a laptop with a function key the function key usually changes the arrow keys to the home / end keys on a numeric keyboard. If it works then Function + Alt/Option + left arrow will also move a layer to the start of a composition. If you cannot get the that to work you can always move the CTI to the start of the comp and use the [ key.

These are all in the Keyboard shortcuts and in the help files and should be part of your usual workflow.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines