• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Photoshop 2017 18.1 crashes with Nvidia 1080 Ti

New Here ,
Oct 04, 2017 Oct 04, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have a brand new Dell and have installed the latest bios, drivers etc. Lightroom runs great but Photoshop crashes right away. Any suggestions appreciated.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you have any third party plug-ins, try uninstalling them one at a time.

Try rolling back the video driver if that doesn't help.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have moved your post from the Lounge to the Photoshop forum.

In order for people to try and help you, can you please supply :

System info

Photoshop Version

Also go to windows network reliability (type reliability into the search bar) and look for the red cross at the time of the crash. Click on it and look for Photoshop in the list . Then click on Photoshop in that list and post the detail of the crash here

Dave

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The system crashes ONLY when I try to run Photoshop. Lightroom works great.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It look like you having many windows problems. Pleas open a Windows Powershell (admin) window and enter

sfc /scannow

That scan will scan your windows system looking for problems and will try to fix any problems it finds.

JJMack

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

sfc /scannow running...

BTW, as Photoshop trys to load, the last thing I see is "reading preferences"...then crash. Is there a way to edit the preferences file?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

davidw86152745  wrote

sfc /scannow running...

BTW, as Photoshop trys to load, the last thing I see is "reading preferences"...then crash. Is there a way to edit the preferences file?

You can blow them all away.  Set Windows File explorer so you can see hidden files.

Find "C:\Users\Your User ID\AppData\Roaming\Adobe\Adobe Photoshop CC 2017\" the delet the dolder or rename it.   Start Photoshop it should the creas everything new for your user id.

JJMack

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

uninstalled all Adobe. Ran cleaner. Deleted ID and re-installed just Photoshop. Photoshop opened, when I looked at Preferences/General it crashed my system again, as before. Can I get telephone support from Adobe?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Post the Crash report details.  Is the nvidia display driver the failing module? Phptoshop should also be at level 18.1.1

also post your CC 2017 menu Help>System Info copy and paste here

Latest nvidia driver is

Version:385.69  WHQL
Release Date:2017.9.21

Capture.jpg]

CC 2017 crash.jpg

JJMack

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Here's what the file shows 18.1.1, but App control panel shows 18.1.0

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can you get into the task manger to see if Photoshop is looping or not respondind. See if you can terminate Photoshop with the task manager instead of turning off you machine.

JJMack

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, 1080 Ti is latest

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

38569 look like the latest driver but Photoshop is not even starting does Photoshop flash screen logo display?

JJMack

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

the Photoshop flash screen displays stuff like initializing and then "reading preferences", and immediately crashes my machine to WHEA_Unrecoverable error... (the new Blue Screen). and then reboots itself. Ugh !!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You could try uninstall Adobe software download and run Adobe cleaner the install the Creative cloud desktop application.  Open that and sign in then install  your Adobe applications from the desktop application. Use the Creative Cloud Cleaner Tool to solve installation problems

JJMack

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

that's all I've been doing...downloading and installing from Creative Cloud. I even tried 2015 versions

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Uninstall Lightroom too?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines