• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Lightroom with i9 or Ryzen CPU?

LEGEND ,
Aug 12, 2017 Aug 12, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is anyone out there using Lightroom with i9 or Ryzen CPUs? How is the performance?

The reason I ask is because there are many reports of Lightroom not performing well if the CPU has more than 4 physical cores. 4-core CPUs are becoming hard to find (but not yet impossible), and I would certainly like to upgrade my computer to take advantage of the i9 or Ryzen power in all my applications, not just LR. However, I don't want to get an i9 or Ryzen if it would mean that Lightroom performance drops.

Thanks.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Oct 04, 2017 Oct 04, 2017

We are aware of the CPU core scalability issue. The team is actively working on a solution that we will roll out over time. Shorter term, Lightroom would have code in place to scale back the CPU core uses on these very high core count machines.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,
Oct 04, 2017 Oct 04, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

We are aware of the CPU core scalability issue. The team is actively working on a solution that we will roll out over time. Shorter term, Lightroom would have code in place to scale back the CPU core uses on these very high core count machines.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines