Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Project Help

Oct 05, 2017 Oct 05, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm doing a project for my school and need a little help with photoshop. Basically I'm supposed to be creating a collage of some of our varsity athletes that will go on the wall by our locker rooms. I know how to do cutouts, but how can I put all the images I want to use on a common background and then arrange them in the way I want?

[Moved from the non-technical Lounge Forum to the specific Program forum... Mod]

[Here is the list of all Adobe forums... https://forums.adobe.com/welcome]

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Take a look at this simple guide for collages.

Create collages, montages | Photoshop, Photoshop Elements

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I know how to do cutouts, but how can I put all the images I want to use on a common background and then arrange them in the way I want?

When you have created the clipped images save them as psd-files.

Then open (or create the background) as a separate file and use File > Place Embedded to place the images as Smart Objects.

With Edit > Free Transform you can scale, rotate etc. the individual images and in the Layers Panel you can change their position in the stack.

As Smart Objects the transformations are calculated on the basis of the original each time one changes them, meaning that if you transform the images again (and again …) the damage does not cumulate.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Start off by deciding the size you want your poster to be. If it's going to be viewed from a distance it can have a lower resolution. Say 200ppi.

So if your poster is to be (say) 20 x 15 inches, the pixel dimension (in this example) would be 200 x 20  by 200 x 15 = 4000 x 3000px (You might want to make it slightly larger if you're going to add bleed to the edges.)

Place your cut-outs on his space and move them around to suit your design. A separate layer for each image.

Work in RGB color mode,

Make save incrementally named copies as you progress and keep a copies of the PSD file externally.

You might want to  save a copy in another format for printing, perhaps JPG or PDF, always keep your layered original PSD file so you can rerturn to it to make further changes .

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines