• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

will photoshop be added to the list of the app which are available for the google pixelbook?

New Here ,
Oct 05, 2017 Oct 05, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

yesterday was announced this new laptop and i think it's enough powerful to launch lightroom, photoshop, premiere pro, after effect and all this thing.

But the apps wich are available are really a few, and this is really a pity.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
LEGEND ,
Oct 05, 2017 Oct 05, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Don't hold your breath. It doesn't actually run local apps, it runs web apps. So you'd need a web server running Photoshop and a scary amount of bandwidth. Adobe did experiment with this, but I guess the tech wasn't ready.  If you want a full range of apps you need something running Mac or Windows.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 17, 2017 Oct 17, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The new Pixelbook will have full access to the Google Play store so all of the mobile apps will be available for the Pixelbook.  From what I have read, the version of Lightroom that comes pre-installed on the Pixelbook is different than the mobile version you can get from the Play Store.  I'd be interested to see how fully fledged this version is and how it's different from the regular desktop experience.

I have no idea if the other programs (Photoshop, Premiere Pro, etc) will be available on the Pixelbook but it would be pretty cool if they were.  There's a reason why Google added so much internal storage to this device

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Oct 17, 2017 Oct 17, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

pietranto12  wrote

........................i think it's enough powerful to launch lightroom, photoshop, premiere pro, after effect and all this thing.

It runs Chrome OS.

Photoshop requires Windows or Mac OS

Photoshop system requirements

Dave

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines