Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Tried to export photos to meet, 5 megapixels with 300 ppi

Engaged ,
Oct 05, 2017 Oct 05, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

I'm very happy and enjoying working  with Lightroom to export photos for website(jpeg) and MORE.

Now needt to have those photo for Catalog and want to see photos with 5M and 300 ppi.

On export screen, I enter 5 megapixels and  300 ppi but photos end up 2.95M.

I need to learn more regard resize photos....little advice Please

More you know more you have questionsssss....

thank you for reading,

James

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Enthusiast , Oct 05, 2017 Oct 05, 2017

See discussion here: Lightroom export file size: why so small? How can I maximize image quality?

Basically, filesize is rather meaningless. But if you still think you need 5mb, set dpi @ 300 and the quality setting (for jpg) to 100% and see what filesize you get. If your exported file is under 5mb, there's nothing to do - you're already at highest quality.  If it is over 5mb, try it again at a lower % (say 80%) and see what you get - by doing this you can "zero in" until you reach ~5mb.

The take

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please quote the exact requirements, word-for-word.

There's absolutely nothing wrong with a 2.95 MB export.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

See discussion here: Lightroom export file size: why so small? How can I maximize image quality?

Basically, filesize is rather meaningless. But if you still think you need 5mb, set dpi @ 300 and the quality setting (for jpg) to 100% and see what filesize you get. If your exported file is under 5mb, there's nothing to do - you're already at highest quality.  If it is over 5mb, try it again at a lower % (say 80%) and see what you get - by doing this you can "zero in" until you reach ~5mb.

The take away here is that filesize just doesn't matter, it is image dependent and one can't reliably predict it; one must use trial and error.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

jpeg for 100% and 10 megapixels and 300 ppi.

Got it thank you

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines