• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Hi Voice recognition on Character animator is not picking up on many mouth shapes.

Community Beginner ,
Oct 05, 2017 Oct 05, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi im currently working for a University and we are relying heavily on Character Animator to animate our 2D characters mouth. We work with professional voice actors, but when i import my pre recorded audio into CH and compute lip sync the mouth shapes are not correct with the audio thats being imported. I have been having to go frame by frame for 5000 frames and fix the mouth shapes because the program is not syncing them correctly.

Please i need some help resolving this issue, i have to finish 40 mouth animations with more than 10k frames for each one. Doing it shape by shape is not cost efficient for me or the university. I really appreciate ur help thanks.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Are you working with clean audio that doesn't need any noise reduction?

Do you mind making a screencast of this happening, or uploading one of your puppets with a sample audio clip for me to look at it personally? It's very hard to imagine the problem from a description of words rather than actually seeing it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

As i said im working with professional voice actors and audio recordings where recorded in Voice studio, and where processed and cleaned before i received them. So they are completely clean audios. I can upload the files.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Oct 06, 2017 Oct 06, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes - uploading the audio files with specific notes about what feels off to you would be incredibly helpful. Like if it feels like certain sounds aren't showing up as expected, or fluttery mouths, or something else? And if you're using a custom puppet, it would be great to see a .puppet file with the mouths you're using.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 11, 2017 Oct 11, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes no problem, I had to go thru my boss to get permission ti upload the files. But here they are.

Ill upload a copy of my files. I would really appreciate a solution for this problem. Mouth shapes are correct until frame 170 because they have been done practically by hand. But the rest are completely wrong.

Assets link: Adobe - Google Drive

Thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Files are in a compressed file, There are 3 folders Assets - Adobe - Renders. Ch file is in Adobe, Puppet and audio are in Assets. Thank you by the way.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Got it - thanks! So the issue is the low audio signal isn't loud enough for CH to do an accurate job. If I open it up in Audition, I see:

Screen Shot 2017-10-11 at 3.03.29 PM.png

So it's topping off usually around -15db. If you raised the volume of this in Audition (I'd use Favorites > Normalize or Hard Limit to -0.1) or another audio program it should give you WAYYYY better results.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 12, 2017 Oct 12, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you that worked perfectly. Some mouths are still a bit off but not comparable to before, a lot better. I really do appreciate ur help. And you're youtube channel is amazing, learned how to use Ch for my job in a day with ur videos.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 18, 2017 Oct 18, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Sorry to bother u again. This has been helpfull, The program is picking up more mouth shapes know, But im still having to go in and manually fix most most my frases.  So some of my problems are:

Ch is not picking up (F) Sounds.

Also Ch is adding (M) mouth shapes in many places where its not needed creating gaps between mouth shapes unnecessarily.

Thanks would appreciate ur help. I can re upload my files if that is necessary. I have been importing my audios into Audition and raising the levels.

Thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 31, 2021 Mar 31, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Its work in spanish?

Because when I try to speak is not perfect like in englis...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines