• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

certain dialog boxes persist on screen even after they've been closed

New Here ,
Oct 04, 2017 Oct 04, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Certain dialog boxes still display on screen even after I've closed them. They are actually closed, and whatever action they were to perform has been performed, but they still linger on screen.

For example, if I save a tif, then at the TIFF Options dialog box, I click 'OK' and the file saves and the dialog box is actually closed but it APPEARS still, then I click somewhere else in Photoshop (like my last entry in the History list or whatever) and the dialog box then disappears. I have to click somewhere outside the dialog box to make it go away. Pretty annoying when I'm doing a lot of work in the program.

I guess it's a graphics issue with the computer?  It seems the computer graphics itself is not "refreshing" to show the Photoshop window without the already closed dialog box.

Any thoughts on how to make this stop?

Thanks.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Oct 04, 2017 Oct 04, 2017

Yes it sounds like your GPU may be failing. What OS are you on, are your drivers up to date? Is Ps the only application you are seeing this issue in? If you are on a Mac you could make an appointment to have diagnostics run which will show a pass/fail on your graphics processor.

How much memory do you have allocated to Ps? How much free space do you have on your local drive? Do you have multiple applications/processes going at the same time?

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Community Expert ,
Oct 04, 2017 Oct 04, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes it sounds like your GPU may be failing. What OS are you on, are your drivers up to date? Is Ps the only application you are seeing this issue in? If you are on a Mac you could make an appointment to have diagnostics run which will show a pass/fail on your graphics processor.

How much memory do you have allocated to Ps? How much free space do you have on your local drive? Do you have multiple applications/processes going at the same time?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 05, 2017 Oct 05, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you very much for your answer.

Windows 7. Drivers up to date. Computer has 16mb of RAM. 250 gb free on hard drive. Photoshop the only application that's giving me this problem. Happens even when Photoshop is the only application running. The allocations are just the defaults from Photoshop. I didn't change anything in the Preferences regarding this. It says "Let Photoshop use 10143 mb (70%).

Eventually I'm going to get another computer; so maybe I just have to accept this bug for a while until I do get another computer.

Thanks again.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Oct 05, 2017 Oct 05, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Be sure to back up your files in the event of a hardware failure. You may be able to live with this glitch for a short while however it will be painful if you can't recover lost work files.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 06, 2017 Oct 06, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

That's right. Good tip. Thanks. Right now I have everything double backed up, and eventually I'm going to have it all five-times backed up: two portable drives, cloud, two DVD-RW.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines