• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Pressure sensitivity in Photoshop CC 2017

Community Beginner ,
Jul 13, 2017 Jul 13, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there, this is as much a question as it is an observation - am I wrong or has there always been pressure sensitivity enabled on brushes in Photoshop by default? I'm pretty sure that the basic brushes and others did so in previous vs and I didn't need to adjust this.

I ask the question as I note there has been some comments on pressure sensitivity not working in Photoshop 2017 and I too thought I had an issue with my Wacom Intuos 3 which has been happily working for ages without issues until I installed the CC 2017 update.

After spending some time uninstalling/reinstalling drivers etc and updating Photoshop I realised that the issue was not the driver, but was simply that for some reason, Photoshop CC 2017 has no pressure sensitivity settings set for the default basic brushes set and many others - it needs to be manually set.

So, for each brush I have had to manually go to brush settings/Transfer and set control to pen pressure and then all OK - pretty sure I've never had to do this, so thought it worth mentioning if you're having similar issues.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Jul 13, 2017 Jul 13, 2017

In the tool option bar  for the brush tool there are button to use to enable presurse sensitivity for size. Opacity, and Airbush

Capture.jpg

Wacom and Windows also have settings and preferences thatt must be set correctly for it to work.  Many have problems there are many threads on this subject.

https://forums.adobe.com/search.jspa?sort=updatedDesc&place=%2Fplaces%2F1413024&q=Wacom

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In the tool option bar  for the brush tool there are button to use to enable presurse sensitivity for size. Opacity, and Airbush

Capture.jpg

Wacom and Windows also have settings and preferences thatt must be set correctly for it to work.  Many have problems there are many threads on this subject.

https://forums.adobe.com/search.jspa?sort=updatedDesc&place=%2Fplaces%2F1413024&q=Wacom

JJMack

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there, thanks for replying - yes, I see that sets the default for all brushes for opacity, size etc - very helpful. I can only presume it was previously set on for me, but somehow unchecked when I installed CC 2017. Thank you for your advice.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 24, 2017 Aug 24, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

OH MY GOD! I have spent two days re installing and messing about. Calls to Wacom, new drivers, updating CC and then stumbled across this! THANK YOU!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 05, 2017 Oct 05, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi,

I still have trouble. I am not able to enable the pressure sensivity button for size, so the harder the pressure, the thinner the line. I want it to be the other way around.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines