• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Proper method to install 32 bit version if 64 bit version is already installed?

New Here ,
Oct 05, 2017 Oct 05, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When originally installing Photoshop CS6 I only installed the 64 bit version. Now, it seems there is a plugin I need to use that won't work under the 64 bit version leaving me no alternative but to install the 32 bit version to support that and like plugins. I would like a method of installing that will not affect the currently working version in any way rather than a complete reinstall of both. How do I install only the 32 bit Photoshop.

If I have to reinstall, do I have to first deactivate the existing version?

Any feedback will be much appreciated.

(forgot to mention I am running win10 x64)

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Oct 05, 2017 Oct 05, 2017

I would deactivate, uninstall, and reinstall. PS CS6 should install both versions, unless specified.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

32 Bit Photoshop is only available on Windows, Mac Apple not longer support 32 bit  machines so there is no Adobe Photoshop 32bit Mac.

The current 32Bit version can be download from Adobe site Download Creative Cloud apps

Using the current download url you may be able to come up with prior version downloads url. I was able to for CC 2015.5 but not others

However I had them downloaded when they were current

JJMack

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I would deactivate, uninstall, and reinstall. PS CS6 should install both versions, unless specified.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes  for CS6 there is only one installer and it can install both versions during the install process.

JJMack

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There is no need to uninstall CS6-64. The install goes into different directories -> Program files and Program files (x86). You just need to know which one to start. I suppose the plug-in is a twain scanner. At least is this the only piece of software why I can imagine that you want having the 32 bits Ps on your system.

And you need to know, that only one of both can run at a given time on your machine.

ABAMBO | Hard- and Software Engineer | Photographer

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks all...I went with Chuck's suggestion...got both versions installed but unfortunately the the plugin doesn't seem to work with either version of CS6

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What plugin is it?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's a dust and scratch removal tool by LaserSoft, supposedly a very good one - SRDx. I scanned a total of 1068 2 1/4 x 2 1/4 B&W negatives and Color prints and as you can imagine the dust is pretty bad, taking me anywhere from  30 minutes to an hour to clean the worst of them and it looked like this could help a lot if it worked as advertised.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've also used the Polaroid tool and it is indeed an excellent tool...I'm always wanting to find something better

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Actually i have that Lasersoft  SRDx plugin and it looks like to me like it's a 64 bit plugin, not 32 bits, so it should work in the 64 bit version of photoshop cs6.

Although it's not helpful that the Lasersoft website doesn't specifically say it's a 64 bit plugin, it doesn't work in any of my 32 bit photoshop or photoshop elements versions, but does in the 64 bit versions like photoshop cs6 on windows 10.

If you go to the photoshop cs6 64 bit plugin folder is there an SRDx plugin?

It's actually a shortcut to the actual plugin in the Lasersoft folder in Program Files.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That shortcut was indeed installed to the plugins folder of my 64bit Photoshop - dead as a doornail. I manually installed it into every other possible place a plugin might go - nuthin'.

I'm happy that it at least works for someone else...makes me hope I will be ultimately able to get it working. If you actually used it to clean up an image, how well did it work for you.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Did you try the demo version for CC and cs4-cs6 Demo – SRDx Photoshop Plugin

JJMack

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No but I will do that next

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you right click on the Original plugin in the Lasersoft folder, is it Blocked by windiows?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Not entirely sure what you intended me to do but I didn't get any indication of anything being blocked.

I did double click  the plugin icon and received a message to the effect it (Photoshop) couldn't complete the request because it was not the right  kind of document. It looks like like Photoshop thought my double clicking  the SRDx icon  was asking it to input a picture file?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry.

I meant to right click on the plugin in the Lasersoft folder and under Properties>General see if it's Blocked.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Not blocked

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines