Looking at my project folder, I see:
!Language!
!SkinSubFolder!
!SSL!
Folder_I_Created
Folder_I_Created_That_Is_Obsolete

Inside my !SSL!\WebHelp folder, I see:
Folder_I_Created

Though the folders outside of !SSL! are similar to those inside the WebHelp folder, they are not exactly the same and contain some old stuff that is not used in my compiled output. The folders inside match the folders in my Project Manager.

Why do I have these two folder trees? Someone is reviewing my work by looking at the source files. Which HTML files should they be looking at? Did I create this confusion or did RH?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Apr 07, 2008 Apr 07, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi harooki2

Actually, you both did!

You said one of the folders is obsolete? Why not delete it from inside RoboHelp? That would help avoid some of the confusion in and of itself.

If you have an end user looking at things, you are probably interested in the contents of the folder you see inside the !SSL! folder, as that one should contain your output files.

Cheers... Rick

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I don't see that obsolete folder in my Project Manager to delete it. Why is there a near identical set of folders outside of the !SSL! folder.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi again

There is one thing I stress in all the classes I conduct. You never ever want to confuse your source with your output.

The files in one location are the source files. Files in the !SSL! location are the OUTPUT files. If the folder isn't showing in your RoboHelp Project manager, you are probably safe to delete it manually using Windows Explorer, because RoboHelp will only list what it knows about inside the Project Manager.

However, just to be on the totally safe side, I would suggest moving the folder to a different area until you are absolutely certain it (and nothing inside it) is needed. Once you are certain, then delete it for good.

You will also likely find some folders inside that !SSL! folder that don't exist in your source folder. These will have names like WHDATA, WGDATA, etc. They are there for supporting WebHelp.

Cheers... Rick

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 19, 2008 Apr 19, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have a problem when I generated the project I didn´t got the SSL folder. I think it was because I generated into a knew folder with a new name - what did I do wrong. Kan I open the project whith another file insteed of the XPJ-file?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Apr 21, 2008 Apr 21, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST
Click here for the answer. Please do not post more than once in these forums. It is not helpful to others with a similar problem.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp