• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Entry point not found error message on start up

Sep 30, 2017 Sep 30, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Folks

I have just installed a Plug for Lasersoft Software and have two problems I could use some help with.

1. The plug in has downloaded and installed but I cannot get it to activate at all in CS5.

2. I get the following error message when I start PS5

PS5 error message on starrt up.jpg

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please read this:

FAQ: How do I capture and post a screen shot or video?

As for the plugin: Does the maker claim it works for Photoshop CS5?

What is its use anyway?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Oct 01, 2017 Oct 01, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Capture and post screen shot instructions refer to Apple, I use Windows 10.

The makers developed the software as a plug in to use with PS to remove dust and scratches from images which are a constant problem for photographers. If, like me, you are scanning and processing a large amount of digital/film images it is potentially very useful. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Capture and post screen shot instructions refer to Apple, I use Windows 10.

Please look for the line

To capture a still screen shot on Windows:

Once again:

Does the plugin maker claim it works for Photoshop CS5?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am aware that Adobe and Lasersoft are different companies having used both professionally before I retired. Your statement  "It some software the gets install on machine to gather info about you usage of your computer.  It is also known to break Photoshop.  Its best to remove it from you system." strikes me as somewhat alarmist at best. What evidence do you have that Lasersoft Plugins damage Photoshop? I ask this as I shall be contacting Lasersoft directly for support on this issue. If you have any other information could you post it here? Thank you.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I read your apped wrong the statemen I wrote  then delete was about Lavasoft not Lasersoft.

JJMack

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm wondering if their plugin is aimed at the recent CC version of the software. Plugins written for CC aren't as likely to work in previous versions of Photoshop.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Oct 06, 2017 Oct 06, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I have checked re the suitability of the plug in and it is advertised as appropriate for a  variety of versions of PS5/6, elements and both CC and in my own standalone installation.

I have sent a screenshot to the company and their support team have escalated it to, presumably, their product development department. 

I will post information on the board as soon as I get a reply/fix.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines