• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Photos exporting incorrectly (Repost! Sorry. Delete old one please.)

New Here ,
Oct 06, 2017 Oct 06, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I used to use Adobe Photoshop Sketch, and I've recently converted to Draw, as I like the tools a lot more. I've drawn lots of things so far, but whenever I try exporting, it doesn't export in the format I wanted it to be. For example, if it's a 800x800 format, it exports as 1280x720 with the picture in the corner of a black screen. I really don't want to crop every single image, taking away lots of quality, so is there any way to change this? Sorry if this is normal, I'm new so I just have no idea what to do. Thanks. (Sorry this is a repost, can someone delete the last one? I didn't mean to say it was answered. Please I need help as soon as possible!)

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Oct 06, 2017 Oct 06, 2017

Cement.

Are you  saving a .png to Photos? Because Draw does behave differently than Sketch when saving an image.

When saving a drawing as as an image, Draw exports at 2048x1536 with the artwork being cropped to what’s visible on the screen. Also, with Draw, any strokes outside of the primary canvas area are actually considered part of the composition so any save will show that gray background because there are marks on it (this is not true for Sketch).

You can try a couple of things:

* Zoom into y

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Cement.

Are you using the Android or iOS version of Draw?

Sue. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

iOS.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Cement.

Are you  saving a .png to Photos? Because Draw does behave differently than Sketch when saving an image.

When saving a drawing as as an image, Draw exports at 2048x1536 with the artwork being cropped to what’s visible on the screen. Also, with Draw, any strokes outside of the primary canvas area are actually considered part of the composition so any save will show that gray background because there are marks on it (this is not true for Sketch).

You can try a couple of things:

* Zoom into your drawing before saving as a .png to get the largest version of it. Then save to Photos. Then crop if you need to.

* Or, to export a drawing at its highest resolution, and with a canvas size the dimensions of what's listed, from the Share menu choose Send to CC Files as PDF (you'll be able to access those files here: Adobe Creative Cloud).

Let me know if that helps.

Sue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks Sue! This works perfectly. I am now sending it to my creative cloud, so thank you.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Cement.

Great. Glad that works for you.

Sue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines