• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Preflight predefined profiles missing

Community Beginner ,
Oct 05, 2017 Oct 05, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My Acrobat Pro is missing the predefinded profiles. While trying to find them, I created the Custom Profiles which I don't want. How do get the predefined profiles? It's handy for converting pdfs to CMYK or grayscale.

screenshot-of-preflight-panel.jpg

TOPICS
General troubleshooting

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Oct 06, 2017 Oct 06, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Repair the Acrobat installation.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I tried that and it did not work. I also did a "Complete Install" and that did not fix it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 22, 2023 Nov 22, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

How did you fix it?

Reinstall did nothing i still have no profiles.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Which version of Acrobat are you using, and on what operating system?

If a simple re-install does not help, you may have to remove any trace of Acrobat from your system with Adobe's Cleaner tool: Download Adobe Reader and Acrobat Cleaner Tool - Adobe Labs

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 07, 2017 Oct 07, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Windows 7 Acrobat Pro XI

I can't find the download link on the page to the Download Adobe Reader and Acrobat Cleaner Tool - Adobe Labs.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Oct 07, 2017 Oct 07, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Read the red text on the page.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Oct 08, 2017 Oct 08, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Also, there are different versions - make sure to download the correct one. And, carefully read the instructions.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 16, 2020 Apr 16, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I find the same issue in my wife's office PC running Windows 10. I solve the issue by importing Preflight profiles. Go to "Option" for preflight and select for "Import Preflight Profile". A new window will be opened to select the path, then use this path "Program Files (x86)\Adobe\Acrobat 9.0\Acrobat\plug_ins\Preflight" and find "Default.kfp. It will bring back all the missing default profiles.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 20, 2022 Sep 20, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You win.  This needs to be the correct answer for this question across the board.  This is such an annoying issue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Nov 18, 2022 Nov 18, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Worked for me 🙂 Thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Nov 18, 2022 Nov 18, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It worked with the defaultkfp but not with the others, and i need those even more 😄

Is there a way to get the other libraries work?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 20, 2022 Nov 20, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the same issue. Did you find a workaround by any chance?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 29, 2022 Nov 29, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I, too, am having the same issues. The profiles are listed as being there, but they all come up empty. And you cannot import them. They did work at one time.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 31, 2023 Mar 31, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

THANK YOU!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 01, 2023 Aug 01, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

thanks, Dinamani!

worked for me too 🙂

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 17, 2023 Aug 17, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you SO much, this was the only thing that worked!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 22, 2023 Nov 22, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

WOWthankyou finally correct answer. But whats with the other profiles?

Like prepress, starterkit and so on=?? how to fix this?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Apr 18, 2024 Apr 18, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

THANK YOU!!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 12, 2022 Dec 12, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My solution (after doing a complete removal of the CC and Acrobat, running the CC and Acrobat Removal Tools, and re-installing everything to no effect) was to replace the 'Preflight Acrobat Continuous' folder from my old desktop machine. It should be 50-something Mb -- the one I had in place on the problem machine was only a few Kb. I'm not allowed to attach ZIPs here, but here's the file, in case anyone else needs it: https://www.dropbox.com/s/mecswjz4l9n6eez/Preflight%20Acrobat%20Continuous.zip?dl=0. If the link's no longer working, drop me a reply and I'll see what I can do.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 12, 2022 Dec 12, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you so much for that! Yes, many files did not install with the last upgrade.When copied your folder over, it only asked me at the very end if I wanted to replace a few files. This seems to be a good fix until Adobe does their next update.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 17, 2023 Jan 17, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That fixed it for me. Thank you very much.

Stan

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 12, 2023 Feb 12, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for this, Once and Future!

To save a search: %APPDATA%\Adobe\Acrobat\Preflight Acrobat Continuous

Fixing the Pre-Flight installer would be a good priority. It has legal applications. If there's a time crunch this is an especially undesirable bug.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 28, 2023 Feb 28, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The link is still working 🙂 Thank you so much! 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 06, 2023 Mar 06, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for sharing the missing files. Can you advise where on the system they need to be replaced please?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines