• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

photoshop 2017 mac high sierra move tool problem

New Here ,
Oct 06, 2017 Oct 06, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

since I upgrade to High sierra I have been facing a weird problem on photoshop move tool, I can't move any layer normally like before ( what happened is the layer moves with curser but it return back again to its status) I have tried it with mouse and the wacom, it does the same thing, I tried also photoshop 2017 and 2015 the same thing happens

my mac is a mac pro 12 core xeon 2.7 Ghz

64 Gb ram

D700 GPU

Dell 4k monitor

please kindly advice me what can I do ?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Wacom drivers are not available for OSx 10.13 yet

Wacom Customer Support | Wacom

JJMack

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is "Auto Select" checked in the Move options bar at the top?

The Move tool works fine on my Mid 2012 MacBookPro running High Sierra using Photoshop CC 2017.1.1 using my trackpad. If it's unchecked, then I have problems moving layers.

Gene

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I read someplace that Photoshop can not use APFS disk as scratch disk.  You the Mac guy I use windows.   you just using Photoshop  here a link is ant of what is written there valid.  From the Wacom site it see there are no drivers for OSX 10.13 till late this month. Adobe seem to state Photosgop CC 2017 is OK but oder versions may need testing.

I also see these

Known issues - Running Photoshop CC on macOS 10.13 High Sierra

Known issues - Running Illustrator CC on macOS 10.13 High Sierra

Known issues - Running InDesign CC on macOS 10.13 High Sierra

JJMack

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi JJ

It's true I am I leave you to handle the majority of Windows problems since you and your equipment are more than on top of it.

I have a spare Macbook Pro running MacOS 10.13 High Sierra, so I can better answer those questions and I will only post if I know for certain.

AFPS is the new file system, but under Photoshop CC 2017, only HFS+ formatted drives are recognized as scratch disks. Adobe is working on it.

I use a spare Mac to test out things. Photoshop does work, but bugs that don't show up in Adobe's test bed will show up in the wild.

That's why Mac and PC users should not just install a 0 day release where they eat. (make money).

In the words of Noel Carboni:

Conscientious folks who need critical things to keep working don't just change out a working OS and complain to application makers that their having done so breaks their applications.  They test, they research.  THEN they migrate when it's safe to do so.

Gene

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Yes a recent Windows 10 Preview bricked my Surface Pro 3.   I could not even re-image it  with the download to do so from Microsoft.  I had to bring it to a Microsoft Store. There they has a special flash drive that could.  However they would not let me have a copy.  So I no longer install Previews on my surface.   In the past I had problems with Preview build on my Workstation and surface some failed to install none ever rendered either of my machine inoperable till then.   That build installed one my workstation without a problem.  

From what I read I hope Apple works with Adobe to make their updated  OS compatible with old application.  Photoshop CC 20178 has to many bugs on Windows for me I use CC 2014.....

JJMack

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines