• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Extension Manager CS4 not installing extensions in Dreamweaver CS4

New Here ,
Oct 27, 2008 Oct 27, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just installed CS4 Design Premium. Now i want to install some extensions to Dreamweaver.

When I click on the extension to install it I get a message from the Extension Manager saying: "This extension can not be installed, it products requires Dreamweaver 6 or greater. To install this extension, please try to install Dreamweaver CS4 or use Extension Manager CS3 which works with Adobe CS3 and earlier products."

I have even tried to install it by opening the Extension Manager from Dreamweaver via the Commands menu, with the same results.

- I have version 2.0.274 of Adobe Extension Manager CS4.
- I do not see the Dreamweaver icon in Extension Manager's product list*
- I tried to reinstall Dreamweaver (which also reinstalled Extension Manager)
- Easy to forget; I am on a Mac
- The extensions should be okay, as they install quite nice in Dreamweaver CS3

I tried to look for a plist to edit, but as I do not really know what to look for this action failed.

*in the same order i find the icons of Flash CS4, Fireworks CS4, Photoshop CS4, Indesign CS4, Illustrator CS4 and Bridge CS4 in the products list.
TOPICS
Extensions

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What extensions are you trying to install?

--
Nancy Gill
Adobe Community Expert
Author: Dreamweaver 8 e-book for the DMX Zone
Co-Author: Dreamweaver MX: Instant Troubleshooter (August, 2003)
Technical Editor: Dreamweaver CS3: The Missing Manual,
DMX 2004: The Complete Reference, DMX 2004: A Beginner's Guide
Mastering Macromedia Contribute
Technical Reviewer: Dynamic Dreamweaver MX/DMX: Advanced PHP Web Development

"Digital_Me" <webforumsuser@macromedia.com> wrote in message
news:ge4vjd$6f3$1@forums.macromedia.com...
> Just installed CS4 Design Premium. Now i want to install some extensions
> to
> Dreamweaver.
>
> When I click on the extension to install it I get a message from the
> Extension
> Manager saying: "This extension can not be installed, it products
> requires
> Dreamweaver 6 or greater. To install this extension, please try to install
> Dreamweaver CS4 or use Extension Manager CS3 which works with Adobe CS3
> and
> earlier products."

>
> I have even tried to install it by opening the Extension Manager from
> Dreamweaver via the Commands menu, with the same results.
>
> - I have version 2.0.274 of Adobe Extension Manager CS4.
> - I do not see the Dreamweaver icon in Extension Manager's product list*
> - I tried to reinstall Dreamweaver (which also reinstalled Extension
> Manager)

> - Easy to forget; I am on a Mac
> - The extensions should be okay, as they install quite nice in Dreamweaver
> CS3
>
> I tried to look for a plist to edit, but as I do not really know
> what
> to look for this action failed.
>
> *in the same order i find the icons of Flash CS4, Fireworks CS4,
> Photoshop
> CS4, Indesign CS4, Illustrator CS4 and Bridge CS4 in the products list.
>
>

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The actual extensions are:

- webyep.mxp
- D-Form_Joomla15.mxp
- curvycorners_008.mxp
- Adobe_AIR.mxp

With the last one downloaded from Adobe.com* to be sure the file is compatible with Dreamweaver CS4. In case there is any difference in CS3 and CS4 extensions

* http://www.adobe.com/products/air/tools/ajax/#section-2

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Most extension that I have tried work with both CS3 and CS4. An exception
to that would be Adobe's ADDT which is going to have to be revised to work
with CS4 and should be in the near future.

I didn't notice this before in your post:

I do not see the Dreamweaver icon in Extension Manager's product list*

That is a problem. It doesn't look as if Dreamweaver is being picked up by
the Extension Manager. And if you open the program and the extension
manager within it, that doesn't make it appear?

Nancy

"Digital_Me" <webforumsuser@macromedia.com> wrote in message
news:ge56k1$fo3$1@forums.macromedia.com...
> The actual extensions are:
>
> webyep.mxp
> D-Form_Joomla15.mxp
> curvycorners_008.mxp
> Adobe_AIR.mxp
>
> With the last one downloaded from Adobe.com* to be sure the file is
> compatible
> with Dreamweaver CS4. If there is any difference in CS3 and CS4
> extensions
>
>
> * http://www.adobe.com/products/air/tools/ajax/#section-2
>

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Grin. Does the sentence "I have even tried to install it by opening the Extension Manager from Dreamweaver via the Commands menu, with the same results." answers your question?

If not; There is no extension manager whit-in Dreamewaver. At least I did not find it. The only thing happening upon clicking 'Manage Extensions' is Extension Manager firing up.

An that is -sorry, I should have mentioned it- why I was looking under the hood for a plist file. As I could not find a "Ad product" button in Dreamweaver [note to Apple: Ad a "Ad product" button to Extension Manager] I was looking for a system or preference file to manually add Dream Weaver to Extension Manager.

/* p.s. Investigating my issue on Adobe Forums learns this is an old problem. It also happened in some cases with Extension Manager CS3. I could not -yet- find a solution to the Extension Manager CS3 problem. My install of Extension Manager seems to work flawless. The unresolved case on Adobe forum however makes me doubt I will find a solution for my troubles with Extension Manager CS4. */

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 29, 2008 Oct 29, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have exactly the same problem. I submitted a support ticket yesterday but haven't received a reply yet.

Another clue might be that Dreamweaver crashes when it closes - does this happen in your case? Did you install using a language other than English (US)? I chose GB or UK or however it was described. I noticed the folder accessed immediately before the Dreamweaver crash log is created is 'en_US' in the \users\..\Dreamweaver CS4 folder. Some of the other CS4 applications have a en_GB folder rather than a en_US folder (as I would expect) - it seems strange that DW has en_US. I don't know if this is relevant to this Extension Manager issue but it might be interesting to know if DW crashes in you case too.

I tested the Extension Manager with extensions I know to be compatible. I also tried it with the sample extension provided with CS4 so I don't think a particular extension is an issue. Trying to install from the command line produces the same result as using the EM GUI.

Tom Dupre

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Oh .. you're right. I remember this problem for some in other countries
awhile back. I'm in the US so I haven't seen this issue . .definitely check
that extensions are installing into the right folder. If they are not,
copying and pasting the results into the right one solves the issue.

Nancy

"Tom Dupre" <webforumsuser@macromedia.com> wrote in message
news:ge9lru$sc5$1@forums.macromedia.com...
>I have exactly the same problem. I submitted a support ticket yesterday but
> haven't received a reply yet.
>
> Another clue might be that Dreamweaver crashes when it closes - does this
> happen in your case? Did you install using a language other than English
> (US)?
> I chose GB or UK or however it was described. I noticed the folder
> accessed
> immediately before the Dreamweaver crash log is created is 'en_US' in the
> \users\..\Dreamweaver CS4 folder. Some of the other CS4 applications have
> a
> en_GB folder rather than a en_US folder (as I would expect) - it seems
> strange
> that DW has en_US. I don't know if this is relevant to this Extension
> Manager
> issue but it might be interesting to know if DW crashes in you case too.
>
> I tested the Extension Manager with extensions I know to be compatible. I
> also
> tried it with the sample extension provided with CS4 so I don't think a
> particular extension is an issue. Trying to install from the command line
> produces the same result as using the EM GUI.
>
> Tom Dupre
>

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I tried the option of migrating existing extensions into the new Extension Manager. I think the extensions are in the correct place, ie:
C:\Users\username\AppData\Roaming\Adobe\Extension Manager2\Configuration\Extensions
(this is Windows Vista).

A basic problem is that Dreamweaver doesn't appear at all in the list of Products in Extension Manager. Something fundamental is not working (and is perhaps due to the installation language selected). This may or not be related to Dreamweaver crashing when it closes but it would be good to find a solution for that too.

Thanks,
Tom

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Tom Dupre wrote:
> A basic problem is that Dreamweaver doesn't appear at all in the list of
> Products in Extension Manager. Something fundamental is not working (and is
> perhaps due to the installation language selected). This may or not be related
> to Dreamweaver crashing when it closes but it would be good to find a solution
> for that too.

In the past the way around this Extension Manager issue was to start Dreamweaver, then start Extension Manager, not from the Manage Extensions menu item, but directly. For me the EXE resides at:
C:\Program Files (x86)\Adobe\Adobe Extension Manager CS4\Adobe Extension Manager CS4.exe

Note: I'm on a 64bit Vista system so for "regular" Windows systems, it'll be in the "Program Files" folder.

When opened that way, users typically find that Extension Manager will list Dreamweaver. I've not heard of this issue in Extension Manager CS4, but for previous versions, this has been the case.

HTH

--
Danilo Celic
| http://blog.extensioneering.com/
| WebAssist Extensioneer
| Adobe Community Expert

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Danilo Celic:
>In the past the way around this Extension Manager issue was to start Dreamweaver, then start Extension Manager, not from the Manage Extensions menu item, but directly.<

I usually open Extension Manager independently of DW, with or without DW running; always when installing extensions. I have had the situation (version before last I think) you describe, when this was the only way to access EM. However the current problem is not the same. For one thing, opening EM in this way doesn't help, but also I have never opened EM to see other applications listed, but not DW. The fact that DW crashes whenever I close it may be related.

Thanks,
Tom

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 07, 2008 Dec 07, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I think you are correct, it is the installation language that is selected. My system kept crashing and I was not finding all the extensions, but I now believe it is the installation language that was chosen.

thanks,

Craig
http://www.IndianapolisSeo.com
Seo Director

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 17, 2008 Nov 17, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I´m having similiar problem, but with Adobe AIR extension (which is published directly by Adobe), if I enable the AIR extension (EM shows it´s enabled) and then fire up the Dreamweaver, the AIR extension becomes disabled, however if I enable it then, it works correctly. It is really bothering to load it every time I start up Dw. 😞

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 17, 2008 Nov 17, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

SnakeSK wrote:
>I´m having similiar problem, but with Adobe AIR extension (which is published directly by Adobe), if I enable the AIR extension (EM shows it´s enabled) and then fire up the Dreamweaver, the AIR extension becomes disabled, however if I enable it then, it works correctly. It is really bothering to load it every time I start up Dw. <

It would bother me less than having no facility to install extensions at all (the current situation). I wondered if there was something special about the AIR extension. I downloaded it and tried to install it: "This extension can not be installed, it requires Dreamweaver CS4 or greater...." I have DW CS4 installed and am using EM CS4. Not surprising I suppose. I have an on-going support case with Adobe about this. Unfortunately it seems to be taking weeks to get actully to get going.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 19, 2008 Nov 19, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have same problem too. Some old exchanges have automated install in new exchange manager when I upgrade from CS3. But a lot of very useful exchanges can't install, like MX93267_MB_SessionToForm...

On the other hand, some basic functions were gone. for example, I created a simple HTML page for eDM use. It's using simple code like text color, text size, but CS4 can't modified this simple features.

I'm very disappointed for CS4, seems CS3 is better than that!!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 19, 2008 Nov 19, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

chungmx5 wrote:
>I have same problem too. Some old exchanges have automated install in new exchange manager when I upgrade from CS3. But a lot of very useful exchanges can't install, like MX93267_MB_SessionToForm...<

I don't think this is the same problem. I can't install any extensions - Dreamweaver doesn't appear in the list of programs in Extension Manager.

>On the other hand, some basic functions were gone. for example, I created a simple HTML page for eDM use. It's using simple code like text color, text size, but CS4 can't modified this simple features.<

I'm sure this sort of thing will initially annoy quite a few people but these options should probably have been removed from earlier versions. I think Adobe has done this 'for your own good' which is quite responsible of them (but I appreciate it could be annoying).

>I'm very disappointed for CS4, seems CS3 is better than that!!!<

I think there are some very useful features in the new version. I expect once you've used CS4 for a while you won't want to go back to CS3.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 20, 2008 Nov 20, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Tom Dupre wrote:
>I don't think this is the same problem. I can't install any extensions - Dreamweaver doesn't appear in the list of programs in Extension Manager.<

I have same problem means when I install some extensions, the Extension Manager saying: "This extension can not be installed, it products requires Dreamweaver 6 or greater. To install this extension, please try to install Dreamweaver CS4 or use Extension Manager CS3 which works with Adobe CS3 and earlier products."

>I'm sure this sort of thing will initially annoy quite a few people but these options should probably have been removed from earlier versions. I think Adobe has done this 'for your own good' which is quite responsible of them (but I appreciate it could be annoying).<

I don't think these functions have been removed from earlier versions. CS3 has these functions(text size, color). My company's guideline does not allowed the eDM using CSS, because they required all people can see our eDM's content.

Add new features and modify the old features are very important, but basic features must have.

>I think there are some very useful features in the new version. I expect once you've used CS4 for a while you won't want to go back to CS3.<

May be you will enjoy the new features, but for commercial, stable, reliable and easy to do anything are main points.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 21, 2008 Nov 21, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

chungmx5 wrote:
>I have same problem means when I install some extensions, the Extension Manager saying: "This extension can not be installed, it products requires Dreamweaver 6 or greater.....<

Then it is certainly a similar problem although I don't think I can install any extensions. Do you have a DW icon alongside those for FW etc. in Extensions Manager? I have icons for all applications in the Web Premium suite, except for DW.

>I don't think these functions have been removed from earlier versions. CS3 has these functions(text size, color). My company's guideline does not allowed the eDM using CSS, because they required all people can see our eDM's content.<

These function have been removed gradually. I can't remember when DW still applied <font> tags etc. - perhaps in CS2. Creating lots of classes such .style1, .style2 etc. is not an ideal solution (as in CS3). I don't know what an eDM is, but I appreciate there are situations (eg HTML email) where different approaches may be relevant.

>May be you will enjoy the new features, but for commercial, stable, reliable and easy to do anything are main points. <
'Easy' is not necessarily a main point. 'Easy' could mean applying <font> and perhaps <center> tags etc., which Adobe has decided to make difficult (rightly so I think). For sites (or did you mean DW?) to be commercial, stable and reliable, I think adopting current standards is the best approach. Increasingly, Adobe/DW is assisting with this approach.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 21, 2008 Nov 21, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

quote:

Originally posted by: Digital_Me
Just installed CS4 Design Premium. Now i want to install some extensions to Dreamweaver.

When I click on the extension to install it I get a message from the Extension Manager saying: "This extension can not be installed, it products requires Dreamweaver 6 or greater. To install this extension, please try to install Dreamweaver CS4 or use Extension Manager CS3 which works with Adobe CS3 and earlier products."

I have even tried to install it by opening the Extension Manager from Dreamweaver via the Commands menu, with the same results.

- I have version 2.0.274 of Adobe Extension Manager CS4.
- I do not see the Dreamweaver icon in Extension Manager's product list*
- I tried to reinstall Dreamweaver (which also reinstalled Extension Manager)
- Easy to forget; I am on a Mac
- The extensions should be okay, as they install quite nice in Dreamweaver CS3

I tried to look for a plist to edit, but as I do not really know what to look for this action failed.

*in the same order i find the icons of Flash CS4, Fireworks CS4, Photoshop CS4, Indesign CS4, Illustrator CS4 and Bridge CS4 in the products list.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 25, 2008 Nov 25, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I had the same problem.
After reinstalling Dreamweaver CS4, I have the icon back in the Extension Manager.

Tim

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 25, 2008 Nov 25, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Tim wrote:
>I had the same problem.
After reinstalling Dreamweaver CS4, I have the icon back in the Extension Manager.<

I've tried reinstalling several times with no luck. Adobe support suggest I shall have to uninstall DW CS3 (which I still need) and CS4, and run the cleanup scripts after doing this. This is probably a few hours work (including reinstalling the extensions) - I haven't had time to try this yet.

Tom

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 10, 2008 Dec 10, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am using running DW/CS4 on WinXP. I have successfully downloaded the CloseWindow extension (MX322322_Close_Window.mxp) as indicated in the Adobe Extension Manager. However, when I open a file that needs this option I am not able to find the CloseWindow object that can be used to code this feature. I have looked in every possible menu item in DW without success: to include, TagInspector > Behaviors. Suggestions? Thanks in advance.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Dec 10, 2008 Dec 10, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

balewis1 wrote:
> I am using running DW/CS4 on WinXP. I have successfully downloaded the
> CloseWindow extension (MX322322_Close_Window.mxp) as indicated in the Adobe
> Extension Manager. However, when I open a file that needs this option I am not
> able to find the CloseWindow object that can be used to code this feature. I
> have looked in every possible menu item in DW without success: to include,
> TagInspector > Behaviors. Suggestions? Thanks in advance.
>

If you look in the Extension Manager and select the extension name, in the pane at the bottom you should see some text, typically it includes the access points within the user interface.

Some extensions add their own menu items. To do so they have to reference anther menu item, but because menu items may change between releases, Extension Manager uses a different location if it cannot find the referenced menu item. For situations like this, Extension Manager puts the menu item on Commands > Miscellaneous.

--
Danilo Celic
| http://blog.extensioneering.com/
| WebAssist Extensioneer
| Adobe Community Expert

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 15, 2009 Jun 15, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Has anyone figured this out? I'm having the same issue on a PC. Sounds like a registry or otther configuration glitch...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 24, 2009 Jun 24, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I tried all fixes in this and others forums and don't work for me.

Diseño web

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines