• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Crop Tool Presets in CC2017 with High Sierra?

Participant ,
Oct 06, 2017 Oct 06, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am new to CC but have been a CS user for many years. I seem to be having trouble with the numbers ‘sticking’ for width, length and dpi when trying to create crop tool presets. The numbers randomly change as I am entering them. I am not trying anything esoteric, just filling in the boxes with either inches or pixels and dpi and all of them keep changing randomly, sometimes by several inches, sometimes by decimal points. It usually takes three tries to get it to stick to the numbers I input.  Any suggestions for a fix for this?  Thanks so much.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for your reply JJMack. In this case, I am not using Adobe Illustrator, InDesign, nor a Wacom tablet, just Photoshop straight up. Though I am on a new computer with High Sierra.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have Photoshop CC 2017.1.1 running on my 2012 MBP/MacOS 10.13  I should mention there is a HS update already out addressing a problem with the APFS encryption password.

I can plug in the W x H x Resolution numbers and units and save them as a preset, then revisit that preset and the correct numbers are filled in the Crop Tool options bar.

I can suggest resetting the crop tool and if that fails reset preferences.

Gene

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Oct 07, 2017 Oct 07, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hmmmm, I am also on a MBP (2017) and already had the update in place. I just tried both, resetting the crop tool and resetting the preferences. It definitely changed things around but unfortunately it made the crop tool worse. Now the numbers jump AND the px/in won't stick, reverting to px/cm unless I enter the letters 'in'.  As well, after resetting the preferences, my workspace had a new look which I liked and decided to keep and I named it. When trying to delete the older one, it would delete the newer one. I needed to choose the reverse of what I wanted in order to keep the new workspace.

I'm sure there's more surprises to come....

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines