• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Export image - changed file size

New Here ,
Oct 07, 2017 Oct 07, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi. I am not an experienced user of Photoshop but I learn every day. I run Adobe Photoshop 2017.

I try to finish my small on-line shop and I am in process of loading products. I take pictures with a NIKON DSLR in RAW format. I process them in Lightroom then I size image and export as JPG.

My Prestashop theme needs 270x270 px/inch for image size. I export as MEDIUM quality and optimized, sRGB...resolution 72, thinking a 4 kb file size (as Photoshop show in the export window) is OK for my shop.

If I load this image into my prestashop i got this surprize: the file size changes. 12-20 kb. Sometimes even 25 kb.

If I go to my shop front and save the images by "save image as" to my desktop then I check the size of the file and is 12-20 kb.

Also in the folder where I export them in my computer the images are loading at 4 Kb but after I export them, if I try to exit the Photoshop I need to save them. When I do this the size of the file is 20-25kb.

Why is that? Why I cannot keep them at the size Photoshop stated in the Export window. Why is keep changing. This is heavily affecting my shop speed.

Thank you and sorry for my English.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Oct 07, 2017 Oct 07, 2017

Crop your images as square then open them in Image > Image size and set the size to 270 x 270 px and save as a JPG and select the compression that gives you the smallest file size with the least image degradation (you judge this visually). The resolution is irrelevant in this context.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Crop your images as square then open them in Image > Image size and set the size to 270 x 270 px and save as a JPG and select the compression that gives you the smallest file size with the least image degradation (you judge this visually). The resolution is irrelevant in this context.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi. Thank you so much for your answer. I open Image, Image size:

What I see is this:

Image size 213.6 Kb

Dimensions 270 px x 270 px

Fit to original size

Width 3,75 inch

Height 3,75 inch

Rezolution 72 pixles/inch

Resample: checked Automatic

The image is cropped square before it is exported. 270x270px with 72 resolution. Now I checked again. If I just export the image the size of the file remain OK in the computer folder. But if I try to close the Photoshop I see 2 successive windows:

1-Save changes to Adobe Photoshop ...Image before closing? I click Yes.

2-JEPG Options: Quality 10, Maximum, Format options - Baseline.

After this the saved file is going up from 4 kb t0 20 kb.

You say I must move slider left to smaller file size until from visual point of view the image looks acceptable?

Why I did not see this before? My fault.

I do have a question: Why I see in this window 213,6 Kb when I exported as 4 kb? Just as quriosity.

You help me so much. God bless you.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines