• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

No filmstrip in Camera raw

New Here ,
Oct 07, 2017 Oct 07, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm very disappointed since upgrading from CS6 that the CC version that the camera raw version is so unstable.. This was never the case in CS6.

When opening multi-raw images filmstrip on the left should appear, on occasions it does and on most occasions there is nothing at all, so if you've opened up about 50 images you have to cancel one at a time which is excruciating, and not what I would have expected from upgrading..

I have already unticked other suggestions on this forum, including preferences/general/ shows start workspace when no documents are open.

And: preferences / camera raw / use graphics processor..

Can anybody help before I revert back to CS6 !

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Oct 09, 2017 Oct 09, 2017

Ok, then I think we can safely say that it isn't working like it is supposed to.

Unexpected behavior may indicate damaged preferences. If you suspect damage to preferences, restore preferences to their default settings.

— Preferences in Photoshop

I would start with resetting preferences, and then consider a full uninstall/reinstall if that doesn't take care of it.

PS delete prefs.png

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You can certainly revert back to CS6, or any of the prior Creative Cloud versions with your CC subscription:

Adobe Creative Cloud: It’s Not Working After the Upgrade - Rocky Mountain Training

What version of Photoshop and ACR are you using now?

~Barb

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 09, 2017 Oct 09, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes I appreciate I can revert to CS6 ..but im now paying a subscription for cc and was expecting camera raw to be superior CS6 which is not the case if I cannot always get the filmstrip when opening multiple files, ... This was never a problem in CS6.

If this is a big problem in creative Cloud and I will ask for a refund so at least my camera raw programme will work properly.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry... I thought I was addressing your final question:

Can anybody help before I revert back to CS6 !

Did you try JJMack's suggestion^^? The filmstrip panel can be opened or closed.

~Barb

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is what I get when I open multiple files in camera raw, as you can see there is no option to JJmack suggestion as the buttons he circled in red ..are not there..

As I mentioned when opening a lot of files the only way to go through each one is to cancel the picture and then the next one comes up and so on, so if you are going through hundreds of raw files it could take forever just to close the camera raw programme down.

Also there are occasions when the filmstrip does come up, I could use bridge but I feel I should be able to use the camera raw in the same way as I did in CS6 which was never a problem.

This Screenshot 2017-10-09 14.59.47.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What is more significant to me in your screen shot it that it doesn't indicate the multiple file are open in the dialog box. Same version of ACR as you, so forgive me but I have to ask—are you selecting multiple images?

Opening multiple images from a folder or via File > Open in Photoshop
Screenshot 2017-10-09 08.23.13.png

Opening a single image from a folder or via File > Open in Photoshop
Screenshot 2017-10-09 08.27.21.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes but this is what im getting

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The picture I have sent is what im getting whether I open 5 or 50 images ...no film strip which means when i close the raw box it goes to the next one i opened and so on

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

thanks jjmack I have now unistalled and reinstalled photoshop so all has been reset ..but still no progress

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Did you use the Adobe CC Cleaner tool in between:

Use the Creative Cloud Cleaner Tool to solve installation problems

And I don't know that you told us your operating system. What is it?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ok, then I think we can safely say that it isn't working like it is supposed to.

Unexpected behavior may indicate damaged preferences. If you suspect damage to preferences, restore preferences to their default settings.

— Preferences in Photoshop

I would start with resetting preferences, and then consider a full uninstall/reinstall if that doesn't take care of it.

PS delete prefs.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 13, 2018 Oct 13, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

BarbBinder​ you dont need to reset all the preferences. just set the ones that allow you to see multiple images opened in ACR filmstrip @eivindn5076059 has it exactly right

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you open the multiple raw files via Photoshop - File - Open  or via Bridge then you will get the filmstrip.

Dave

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The Filmstrip may be closed try to open it.

Capture.jpg

JJMack

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
May 08, 2020 May 08, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thank you, that solved it for me.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Try resetting all tools, Your Photoshop preferences, and set your Camera Raw preferences and workflow options then in Photoshop use menu File>Open... navigate to a folder the has RAW riles and select several RAW file by highlighting the them and click open.

Capture.jpg

JJMack

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Uninstalling and reinstalling does not reset your user id Photoshop Preferences....Please reset them...

Can you capture the screen where you are selecting the files to be opened in  ACR in Bridge or Photoshop

Capture.jpg

JJMack

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 22, 2017 Dec 22, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi

I had same issue (when draging and dropping raw files), but it got fixed when I checked `Use legacy "New document" interface` in Preferences:

Hopefully this will help! Altough I see you already reverted to CS6.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 02, 2018 May 02, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I was having the same issue with the new CC version.  The only thing that I was able to come up with, is the way I opened the photos.  If I used the drop down menu from the File menu to open the photos, the filmstrip would appear.  If opening from the new "Open..." button, the photos would come up individually.  I do not know if this is an error in my version, but I am good with a work-around if provided.  Hope this helps.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines