• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Suitable Elements or Lightroom products to allow download of Raw files from Olympus OMD EM1 MK11.

Community Beginner ,
Oct 03, 2017 Oct 03, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I bought an Olympus OMD EM1 MK11 in march 2017. This camera needs minimum Raw plug-in version of 9.9 to download files happily. I only have Elements 11 which has only 7.4+ Raw plug-in. Will Elements 15.2 or later accept Raw files from this camera? If not is Adobe bringing out an update to Elements 15.2 which will allow me to continue using Elements? If not will Lightroom enable me to download Raw files minimum requirement 6.9, which version is good for this minimum? Don't wish to use a DNG converter, being an extra step in the process. My laptop seems OK to cope with Elements 15, just. Dell N5030 P07F windows 7 version 6.1 service pack 1 64 bit. I would appreciate your help and comment on this familiar problem. Many thanks Tim Massey.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Oct 03, 2017 Oct 03, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

timothym19306626  wrote

I bought an Olympus OMD EM1 MK11 in march 2017. This camera needs minimum Raw plug-in version of 9.9 to download files happily. I only have Elements 11 which has only 7.4+ Raw plug-in. Will Elements 15.2 or later accept Raw files from this camera? If not is Adobe bringing out an update to Elements 15.2 which will allow me to continue using Elements? If not will Lightroom enable me to download Raw files minimum requirement 6.9, which version is good for this minimum? Don't wish to use a DNG converter, being an extra step in the process. My laptop seems OK to cope with Elements 15, just. Dell N5030 P07F windows 7 version 6.1 service pack 1 64 bit. I would appreciate your help and comment on this familiar problem. Many thanks Tim Massey.

The default Elements 15 (15.2 would be for Macs?) already supports ACR 9.10.

You just have to use the menu 'Help >> update'.

Cameras supported by Camera Raw

Camera Raw plug-in and Adobe application compatibility

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 07, 2017 Oct 07, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Many thanks for your reply. I'm confused,minimum Raw plug-in version of 9.9 is required by OMD EM1 MK11, but Elements 15 has only 9.6 are you saying this is sufficient? or am I being dim, on reflection don't answer that ! I also saw Elements 2018 on Adobe website but couldn't see the plug-in version it is shipped with. I have to update anyway so would this be the best answer if suitable Raw plug-in. Kind regards Tim Massey.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines