• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Pass vbscript variables to javascript string

Participant ,
Oct 07, 2017 Oct 07, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thx to this forum I can now save AI docs as a TIFF using JavaScript.  With full paths I can run my script with no issues.  Now I need to replace full paths with variables.  So far no luck from what I have tried.  How does one insert variables into a JS being executed inside a vbscript?  Below is my latest attempt.

Also, according to the Illustrator reference guide one must run the JS code as a string when inside vbscript.  No problem but that makes for one very-very long, single line JS.  For "bonus points" , how does break that down the JS into a multi-line string?  My various attempts have failed.  Issue may have to do it while running inside a vbscript?

Set App = CreateObject("Illustrator.Application")

Set FSO = CreateObject("Scripting.FileSystemObject")

Dim SourceFolder, DestFolder, NewState, NewSection

Call GetNewInputs()

Sub GetNewInputs()

NewState = UCase(InputBox("Current STATE or REGION to be processed.", _

"STATE or REGION", "SOCAL"))

NewSection = ("Section_" & InputBox("INPUT SECTION NUMBER: Section_YY", _

"Input Section", "32"))

Set SourceFolder = FSO.GetFolder("S:\" & NewState & "\" & NewSection & "\Road DXFs")

DestFolder = "S:\" & NewState & "\" & NewSection & "\Light TIFFs\"

End Sub

' now for the JS

App.DoJavaScript("function test(){var doc = app.activeDocument;var destFile = new File(""/s/" + <%=NewState%> + "/" + <%=NewSection%> + "/Light TIFFs/SOCAL_CN68_resx.tif"");var type = ExportType.TIFF;var opts = new ExportOptionsTIFF();opts.imageColorSpace=ImageColorSpace.GrayScale;opts.resolution=72;opts.antiAliasing=AntiAliasingMethod.ARTOPTIMIZED;opts.IZWCompression=false;opts.saveMultipleArtboards=true;opts.artboardRange=""1"";doc.exportFile(destFile, type, opts);}test();")

MyDoc.Close(2)

TOPICS
Scripting

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Valorous Hero ,
Oct 08, 2017 Oct 08, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I thought the <% %> tags were for .asp web pages? Well, I think you can just put in your VB variables with the proper VB concatenation symbol (isn't it an & ?) and as far as your long javascript, I'd expect the underscore return method to work with splitting a long VB string of javascript.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Participant ,
Oct 09, 2017 Oct 09, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Yea, that's what I originally tried and UI was not getting an error but the AI Window would open asking where to save it (which means it was not finding the path correctly).  But I went back again just for laughs to the original '& xxx &' method and this time it works!  Oh well, must had some blank space or syntax out-a-whack.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines