• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Saving files

Explorer ,
Oct 07, 2017 Oct 07, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I transitioned from PSE to PS 2017. In PSE, I'm used to editing the file, then clicking the "X" to close it and getting a message to ask if I want to save changes, then after answering yes, the folder opens and I can save as copy or rename.

With PS, I close it and get the message about saving changes, but it just closes the file. It doesn't open the folder so I can save as copy or rename. I have to go to File, then Save As in order to rename. Then go to the edited file which doesn't close, close it and say that I don't want to save changes. Because I don't want to lose the changes, I will double-check that I have saved it so as to not lose the changes, before answering no.

I have searched and searched in preferences, but can't seem to find any way of changing this.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,
Oct 07, 2017 Oct 07, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

The pop-up Dialog should have three choices. The the default reply is yes and if you use yes. If the document was never saved  you should get a save as dialog where you can saver it to wherever you want with the name you   This should also happened if you have opened a flat file and have now added layers. If the current document  was opened from a file or you save it to a file and then made additional changes the reply yes should save and  overwrite  the opened or saved file without a save dialog.  If Yes is used you  and you get no Save as dialog your canges should be saved the backing file should be changed. 

Capture.jpg

JJMack

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines