• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Cannot see individual photos after upgrading to PSE18 (from 14)

Community Beginner ,
Oct 07, 2017 Oct 07, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I upgraded to PSE18 a few days ago. Everything is working so far except for the fact that when I zoom into a individual photo under the organizer, I get a grey question mark in a white circle instead of the (almost) full screen picture. When I F11 to actual full screen display, the picture displays correctly just not in wooded mode. Smaller zoom sizes work and I can edit all my pictures under the editor (ie no need to reconnect files). What's happening and more importantly, how can I fix this? Thanks in advance !

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Oct 07, 2017 Oct 07, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

Please try updating the Windows. Here are the steps:-

• Download and install the latest Windows updates on your PC.
  • Restart Elements Organizer.
  • Import the images again that previously displayed an error in Elements Organizer.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 08, 2017 Oct 08, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

Thanks for your prompt reply. I just realised that I forgot to mention that PSE 18 is running on a 2017 27 inch retina 5K iMac so no windows update for me ;-). I did some research and it appears that PSE doesn't handle 5K iMac resolution very well. My iMac is running under the latest Mac OS (High Sierra 10.13), with 32GB RAM and a 3TB fusion drive.

I tried to update the thumbnails but it didn't change anything. The only thing which works (around) so far is to go in the systems settings and under "display", set the slider to a larger font size (default setting is "by default"). The all system interface including PSE will be "magnified" but when zooming in an individual picture, it will be correctly displayed. Any setting with smaller than "default" will result in the same question mark issue. I was able to read about this work around by searching on the adobe forums as other 5K iMac owners seem to have the same issure and "solved" it in a similar way.

Seeing that I'm not the only retina 5K iMac owner to experience the issue, I'm almost certain it's something which can only be addressed through a program update. Let me know if I'm right and if so, please consider resolving the issue as soon as you can. As I said, scaling things up does work but it's a shame to need to use PSE in a magnified mode on a 27 inch screen. PS: I deleted PSE 14 after upgrading to 18 and do not recall having the "?" issue under PSE 14...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Oct 08, 2017 Oct 08, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've given up and am requesting a refund. Not only trouble with pictures

loading on my Win 8.1 but VERY slow and kept freezing. Seemed to affect my

whole computer speed. Unistalled and back to normal. Not worth all the

trouble. My 15 works just fine and I use Picasa still for my initial

downloads and organization.

Deb

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 29, 2018 Jan 29, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I just installed PSE18 on my new 27 inch iMac and verified your observation on another machine.  Grrr...   Thank you for the work around!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines