• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Screen readable output (section 508)

Nov 21, 2008 Nov 21, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Everyone,
I've been tasked with finding a way of generating screen readable output rom RH which is section 508 compliant.
By this I mean not having to use the mouse and use keystrokes only. A customer has suggested that a tagged PDF was one of the most accessible forms in which to deliver a help system. I'm not convinced from previous experience and aalso at present PDF output fails to complile anyway.
Any one tangled with this one? I am using RH6.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Not something I have had to do so there will be others better qualified to answer but what's wrong with just ticking the 508 compliant check box in the generation wizard?

You should be able to generate a Word document and create the PDF from there if you cannot do it direct from RH.

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks Colum and Peter for your prompt replies. I have generated a web help output that is section 508 ticked but I still seem to need to use the mouse. Mind you that's probably my lack of experience! Any more thought greatly appreciated!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

A quick Google suggests 508 does not preclude mouse use, albeit maybe with a mouse that is also compliant.

Guess you are going to have to wait for the US to wake up for more information!

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

http://www.section508.gov/ might help.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST
Thanks guys. Have a nice weekend.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Have you tried using the 508 compliant option when you generate? Not had any experience myself though!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Oops! Sorry for treading on your toes Peter.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp