• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Rendering won't save!?!

Community Beginner ,
Oct 07, 2017 Oct 07, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please help. I keep rendering a video and yet the rendering won't save.

When I re-open the file (after saving before I closing it down of course) the same parts of the video remain unrendered (red on the top of the timeline). Its really the most maddening thing and makes no sense. Please help. Have crazy deadlines and really want to just give up after this.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

After rendering, open a different sequence in the same project before closing. Create a new sequence just for this if you don't have one. Then close while on the other sequence.

This was reported as a work-around by another user a week or two back ... maybe it will work for you also?

Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Where are your Preview files being saved?

Is it a removable device?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Good question. I thought they were saving on my computer. But I"m working from clips on a different external harddrive than i'd been using (before this problem started). Would premiere switch the destination for these preview files with no indication?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Preview file location is set in the  Project settings dialog, File/Project Settings/Scratch Disks ... if you have that set to "Same as project", which seems to be a default setting, it puts them on the drive and folder setup for the Project file itself.

If you have that set to a specific location, then it tends to stick to that location.

So ... check there.

Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That would depend on those settings in the project file ... as I noted above.

So, for that project, what is set for the Previews location?

Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines