• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

2017 CC - playback won't play anything, can't export, hangs on exit

Participant ,
Oct 07, 2017 Oct 07, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have done everything I can think of. Cone over all the problems and solutions in the forums, Reinstalling, resetting, audio hardware, rendering software vs hardware, making new sequences, subclips, not importing workspaces.

Nothing helps.

Open a movie - works fine. Open the same one later on, the playback head does not work, no scrubber, no previews, can't export.  Exit the program and it hangs, then crashes.

If (big IF) it does run OK, I'll exit OK - no crash. But it won't run again unless I reboot.  I built this rig just to edit video and edit photos. 64 gig of ram, 6 core CPU, Win 10 pro.

Any suggestions?  Oh - I also tried making a new project from scratch. Same thing happens after a few edits. Every single time.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same issue here. I started a new project and only added a black video, and same thing: I can scrub through the video until I hit play, after which the video won't play, I can't hit stop, I can't scrub the video, and I can't close Premiere without Ctrl+Shift+Esc.

Updated, uninstalled + reinstalled. Updated GPU drivers (GTX 1070), still nothing.

Any guidance is greatly appreciated. Thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Unfortunately not an option, and it sounds like Rick's computer already meets those specs.

Premiere was working fine for me earlier this year. Something changed since June that's preventing Premiere from working.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Oct 08, 2017 Oct 08, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Already did all of that before posting this. I can literally run it 20 times and it will work - if I'm lucky - once.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Removed Premiere and all preferences. Reinstalled clean. Made a new project. Identical behavior. Ready to give up and pay $50 for a program that actually works.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Has this just occurred with the latest update? Have you tried installing an earlier version? Here's a link on how to install an earlier version:

FAQ: How do I reinstall Premiere Pro CC 2015.2 (9.2)?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm actually installing CC 2015 now.  Unfortunately the project I really need was opened and saved in 2017, so even if it works I'm screwed. But I'll see.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Installed 2015 - it's behaving the same way - it worked before without a problem, so I'm at a loss.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Does sound odd. Did you install any Windows update or other drivers lately?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Installed a new video driver when these problems started. That's it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Also, when I select a movie clip, it won't play or preview either in the source window.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I tried the same project on another computer - a four year old POS. Premiere edits the project just fine.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What's the video driver? Let us know what happens if you make changes to that side of things.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

AMD Radeon 17.9.3

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks - I already found most of those earlier. My MoBo does not have a built-in video card and I'm not crashing - just no preview.  One question though - In preferences under Playback - could that effect anything? I've tried all the options and it does not seem to matter. Adobe DV, and one for each of my three monitors (Adobe monitor 1, 2 and 3)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Forgot to mention - I have a Sapphire R390X - one reason I picked that card were the rave reviews editing 4K video. This project is not 4K, just 1080p.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It looks like the problem may lie with Direct X.  I installed a program a couple of weeks ago that "updated" direct X. I uninstalled it the same day - but it looks like the Direct X components stayed. I'm having issues now with several video editing / creation packages.  Unfortunately MicroSoft has locked up Direct X 12. You can't force install it. You can't remove it. I've tried all the "fixes" I can find. I swear MS saw those as well and locked them down.  The only one that MAY work is to extract the Direct X 12 package from the Win 10 disc. But like most Win 10 users, it was a download.  Amazing that every game and cheap software package installs Direct X, but none of the Adobe products do.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

After Effects works fine - but still can't get Premiere to do anything.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Mentor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

just reinstall windows. once directx is messed up, you're screwed. it runs at low level.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm about to cancel PP subscription and get something that works!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines