• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

DUAL BRUSHES

Explorer ,
Oct 07, 2017 Oct 07, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

At the risk of sounding lame, I thought I'd give this a try because I've looked pretty much everywhere else.

1. So I make a new brush in photoshop. Works perfectly.

2. As I switch to my dual brush window and look to load the new brush into the previously selected brush, it seems like the new brush I just made is randomly placed. I don't understand.

3. I have to hunt down that brush in a relatively large brush library and it has a small thumbnail so it compounds the problem and takes even longer to find the brush. Any ideas how new brushes get added to the dual brush palette so I can go straight to the new brush I just made so I can use it as a texture/ pattern?

Thanks so much in advance.

Faunt

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Contributor ,
Oct 08, 2017 Oct 08, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Steve,

Can you please share screenshots

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Dual Brush is perhaps not the most intuitive of presets.  Basically it uses the fisrt brush to constrain the extent of the dual brush. But you can adjust settings for primary and dual brush independantly.

So selecting a hard round brush as the primary preset, which gives a stroke the width of the upper line below, and then adding the leaf preset as the dual, and setting it so that it would normall spread beyond the primary brush, causes it to be cut off at the width of the primary brush.  You are using the dual brush to place texture inside the primary brush preset.

I don't know if that helps, but as Ahmed says, a screen shot or two would definitely help us to help you.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks so much for your response and interest you guys!

Here is a quick breakdown of my question in hopes to clarify.  Thanks so much in advance for you PS prowess and helpfulness!

DUAL_BRUSH_QUESTION.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines