• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Photoshop 3d camera rotated instead of 3d layer (+Video)

Participant ,
Oct 08, 2017 Oct 08, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

photoshop 3d rotation problem - YouTube

Here is the video where i am showing you my problems. I just began to learn photoshop3D tool and what i want to do eventually is to create all my matte paintings and position them in Photoshop to create sense of depth and parallax and then export them as a 3d layers into after effects to create animation and further editing. Dont know if it will be possible though.But anyways I use Photoshop 2014.2.2 and my problem is that i cannot rotate my 3d plane of a tree image, instead of it just the camera rotated. Also if i will find 3d rotation tool for the object will i have to adjust the pivot point of a layer before transforming it into 3d layer? Also i would like to know if i will be able to properly export it into after effects later? Thanks

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Oct 09, 2017 Oct 09, 2017

Hi

You asked a couple of questions.

1. To rotate the object rather than the camera - open the 3D panel and highlight the Mesh. Then select the move tool and use the on screen x/y/z tool to move the object.

2. When you make a postcard from the layer the pivot point will be at the centre. If you want it in the tree, before going into 3D , move the tree to the centre of the layer and make a postcard as before.

Dave

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Participant ,
Oct 09, 2017 Oct 09, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can anybody help or not please?  Nobody here ever worked with Photoshop 3d? Simple question why I don't see object rotation tool and just camera rotation? I need to rotate object and not the camera

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi

You asked a couple of questions.

1. To rotate the object rather than the camera - open the 3D panel and highlight the Mesh. Then select the move tool and use the on screen x/y/z tool to move the object.

2. When you make a postcard from the layer the pivot point will be at the centre. If you want it in the tree, before going into 3D , move the tree to the centre of the layer and make a postcard as before.

Dave

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks a lot!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

You're welcome

Dave

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines