Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Removing background from an explosion

New Here ,
Oct 08, 2017 Oct 08, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there.

So I've been going through some explosion That I need to buy for my project and came through this set: Collections_PK LandMines . This set is great for what I'm searching so I bought it but that's not what I'm here to talk about. My question is .. How did they manage to remove that gradient background from the explosion  so good (the explosion is a live footage not a photo)? I mean when I try to remove a background even if it's only one color, it turns out so bad.. Please explain how they

removed the background.Thanks

HDLandMinesImage.jpg

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

New Here , Oct 09, 2017 Oct 09, 2017

Thanks guys you really helped me!!

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

for removing the sky, try the extract effect, use blue as the channel and drag the white slider. Then drag the down arrow for softness. To learn More about matte extraction try the keying course by Mark Christiansen on LYNDA.com.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I tried key light on your posted sample image and it did a really good job with just a couple of tweaks after sampling the blue near the center of the frame just right of the explosion.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 09, 2017 Oct 09, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks guys you really helped me!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jul 09, 2018 Jul 09, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

As a new photograper, your post helps me a lot.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines