Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Acrobat crashes constantly after 1 minute when I open a PDF from Document Cloud

Explorer ,
Oct 09, 2017 Oct 09, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

Acrobat crashes constantly, when I open and read a PDF which is in the Document Cloud. It does not happen with PDF which are on the local Drive.

Already reinstalled the app and restartet the computer. Most actual High Sierra and iMac 2017.

Any advises?

Best regards

Andreas

TOPICS
General troubleshooting

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Oct 09, 2017 Oct 09, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Andreas Dobos,

I apologize for the inconvenience caused. As I understand from the description above, the Acrobat Pro DC is crashing in Mac OS 10.13, Is that correct?

Please try the troubleshooting steps from the following KB doc: Troubleshoot Mac OS 10.x system errors, freezes | Adobe software  Link: https://helpx.adobe.com/x-productkb/global/troubleshoot-system-errors-freezes-mac.html

You can also reset the Acrobat preferences, please refer to  How to reset Preference settings in Acrobat. Link: https://forums.adobe.com/thread/1595848

If the issue still persists, please share the following details:

• Dot version of Acrobat installed, check from Help>About Adobe Acrobat
  • Is Adobe Acrobat is installed or it's Adobe Reader?
  • Have you checked with other PDF files in Document Cloud?

Hope this helps, and keep us posted with the results.

Regards,

Anand Sri.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Oct 10, 2017 Oct 10, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It doesn't help at all. The problem still exists and is really annoying.

Acrobat Pro DC 2017.12.20098

I tried it with different files from the Document Cloud, occurs with all of them.

What is interesting is, that Acrobat instantly quit when I klick on another program window. But only with documents which lay in the Document Cloud.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Nov 14, 2017 Nov 14, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

the problem still occours. Don't you have a solution? It is more than a month that I reported this bug.

Regards

Andreas Dobos

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Nov 14, 2017 Nov 14, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi Andreas,

Sorry for the delay in response to your query and apologize for the inconvenience caused. If possible, check for any pending updates from Help>Check for updates.

If the issue persists, please uninstall and reinstall the Acrobat Pro DC. To download Acrobat Pro DC Download Pro or Standard versions of Acrobat DC, 2017, XI, or X  https://helpx.adobe.com/acrobat/kb/acrobat-downloads.html

Hope this helps, and let us know how it goes.

Regards,

Anand Sri.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines