• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

I have pdf files on CD created circa 2001 that I can't open. Does anyone have an early version of Acrobat to transcribe this CD for me?

New Here ,
Oct 09, 2017 Oct 09, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have a professionally produced CD created circa 2001 with an early version of Acrobat. I'm unable read this DC with Acrobat Pro DC. Does anyone have a version of Acrobat that can read my disk and is willing to transcribe it for me? Thank you.

Gene Sevin

[Email address removed and question moved to the Acrobat General Troubleshooting forum. -Mod]

TOPICS
General troubleshooting

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Oct 09, 2017 Oct 09, 2017

Acrobat DC is capable of opening (valid) PDF files from any period, so that should not be the issue.

What happens when you attempt to open the files? Is there an error message? What does it say?

Also, don't try to open the files directly from the CD. First copy them to your computer, and then open them.

If you can't even copy them it means the CD has become corrupt, which is not surprising for a CD that was created more than 15 years ago.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
Oct 09, 2017 Oct 09, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Acrobat DC is capable of opening (valid) PDF files from any period, so that should not be the issue.

What happens when you attempt to open the files? Is there an error message? What does it say?

Also, don't try to open the files directly from the CD. First copy them to your computer, and then open them.

If you can't even copy them it means the CD has become corrupt, which is not surprising for a CD that was created more than 15 years ago.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines