• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Photoshop New dialogue window does not open

New Here ,
Oct 04, 2017 Oct 04, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When a standard network domain user clicks New in Photoshop, the New document popup dialogue window does not load (most menu items are now greyed out as Photoshop thinks it is doing something).

I know this is a permission issue - as it works fine for a Domain Admin - but where Do I begin.  Could it be denied access tot he Scratch disk (C:\ is obviously not available for Domain Users), is it something in the Program File Directory.

Existing Files can be open as normal.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,
Oct 04, 2017 Oct 04, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Which version of Photoshop the new new document panel or the older new UI?

Capture.jpg

JJMack

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 05, 2017 Oct 05, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Doesn’t get that far at all. Clicking New on the File menu and nothing happens, except that most of the menu options then grey out, so it clearly thinks it is doing something. It doesn’t crash as the individual menus popup on hover and can close the application gracefully..

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 09, 2017 Oct 09, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

i have the same problem.

When photoshop is started I get this screen:

IMG_9001.JPG

When a standard network domain user clicks New in Photoshop, the New document popup dialogue window does not load (most menu items are now greyed out as Photoshop thinks it is doing something).

You have to close photoshop and open it again.

Then go to edit, preferences, general, and click "reset when quit". Close photoshop and open it again, then you get this screen:

IMG_9002.JPG

Then everithing is working.

Every domain user has this problem. Bus is there a better solution? I can't ask every user to do the "reset on quit". Is there an ini file or somthing to reset the setting for al future users?

kind regards,

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I use the latest version.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Photoshop open the same way for  me because , I do not want the new start workspace. Perhaps you do. Check your Photoshop Preferences check  Show "Start" Workspace when no documents are open.  Close down Photoshop and then open Photoshop see it that is what you want.

Capture.jpg

JJMack

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

i did a clean install without settings ( default install ). But on some computers when photoshop is started the first time i get the grey menu ( first pic i posted ) and the problem that the "new doc" pop up don't apear. On some computers i have the black menu ( second pic ) and here everithing is working.

When is have a computer with the grey menu and i do the "reset on quit" and i resart photoshop. I have the black menu ( pic 2 ) and it all works.

i need a solution so i'm sure all the computers will start photoshop in the black menu ( second pic ) and that everithing is working.

A file that i can change? A security setting i can change on all the computers with system center?

thanks!!

kind regards,

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Adobe Photoshop Preferences are create for each userid the first time a user open Photoshop and Adobe default preferences should open Photoshop with the new Start Workspace.

JJMack

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Update: Selecting USE LEGACY New File interface... seems to now at least create a new document.  But how Do I set that across 150 Domain installs - Is it computer setting or per user?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

where do i find the USE LEGACY New file interface?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

That is in each user id Phoroshop preferences

Capture.jpg

JJMack

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Each user has there own Photoshop preferences in their user Id Appdata file system area on windows the would be in the normally hidden area.

Capture.jpg

JJMack

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines