Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

San Francisco Font Missing

New Here ,
Jun 09, 2017 Jun 09, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I believe I saw San Francisco as the font used in iOS UI kit that comes with the software - I was very pleasantly surprised since I'm on Windows. I think this was in one of previous versions.

Now that I needed to use XD for an iOS app I noticed the font is missing. When I select any text in the UI kit the fields that show the font name and font weight are blank.

Is this just me or do others have this issue too ? I'm running the latest update of XD.

Thanks,
Ljubomir

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jun 15, 2017 Jun 15, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What you were seeing was the file that had the SF font as the default, but we displayed a fallback font instead. So you weren't actually seeing the SF Font. That being said, the new iOS UI Kit provided by Apple has the font in the ZIP file, so you can probably install it from there.

Design Resources - Apple Developer

Hope that helps!

-Elaine

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 09, 2017 Oct 09, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

Unfortunately I'm still missing SF UI fonts despite installing the packages. The message I'm getting is as shown in the image below.

Any help is very much appreciated. Thank you and have a good week.

Warmest regards,

Shiva Skanthan

Screen Shot 2017-10-09 at 11.02.34 PM.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Oct 09, 2017 Oct 09, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can you use these fonts when you create a new XD file? Are they available in your drop-down? Also, did you install using FontBook, or did you install using a third party installer?

Thanks,

-Elaine

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 10, 2017 Oct 10, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Elaine,

Thanks for your prompt response.

Well 2 things. Firstly, I have just SF Pro on my Mac since installing the pkg from Apple but I don't have SF UI.

Secondly, I don't have SF on Adobe XD in my PC (Windows 10) cause Apple provides a pkg format which is not compatible with Windows. Any solution to this?

Thank you.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Oct 11, 2017 Oct 11, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The best I've found is this: Fonts - Apple Developer . Unfortunately, no idea how to get around the Windows issue. According to some articles I found on the web, the font relies on some Mac-specific features.

Hope that helps!

-Elaine

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 11, 2017 Oct 11, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I will stick with SF Pro fonts then. I think it's fine as it is less of an Adobe problem than it is an Apple one.

Thanks for your help Elaine!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines