• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Two questions please

Explorer ,
Oct 07, 2017 Oct 07, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

1. I just changed my graphics card because my built in card won't let me open the "Rig" panel

without error. Got a GTX 1050 TI card and now I can open the Rig panel without an error.

However, the panel is blank. The puppet does not show up in the panel. Where it shows

"puppet", it says "none" in blue letters. Could it be because it is one of those free puppets

that I got off the Internet? I tried Wilka or something like that and Crimson. They only come

with a .puppet file. i.e. Crimson.puppet. Could this be the reason?  I watched a video and did

exactly like was shown. I am in the process of making my own puppet in Photoshop but not

finished yet to try it out.

Every time I open the program, it brings the project I was working on the last time. How can

I clear out all of this.

The second question is not that important because I can always just click "new project" but

I really would like to work on the Rig part as part of my learning.

Thanks.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Oct 11, 2017 Oct 11, 2017

Okay, and if you double-click on Wilk in the Project Panel on the left, Rig mode stays blank?

What happens if you click Chloe from the Start menu? Does she open up in Rig & Record mode or does it stay blank?

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,
Oct 09, 2017 Oct 09, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hold down option (Mac) or alt (PC) while opening CH to open a fresh project. By default, CH always opens with your last project. If the Rig issue persists let us know - sounds like a temporary bug (hopefully).

This FAQ may help. There's a thread linked there about how to fix issues with Nvidia specifically: FAQ: How do I diagnose and resolve an OpenGL-related error?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Oct 09, 2017 Oct 09, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the reply. I already went over that link and everything checks out.  My card is

up to date. I tried it with another puppet and still the panel is blank. Right now I need it to

pin the body down because it keeps drifting. My screen resolution is 1600 x 900 if that matters.

My program is up to date as well.  Hopefully something will come along.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Oct 10, 2017 Oct 10, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Strange...the only past incident like this I could find was this thread, where the only solution seemed to be several un/re-installs: Why can't I see puppet in CH?

Can you please post a screenshot of what you see in Rig mode, and if there's an error message what it says?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

my screenshot two.jpgI do not see any error messages. In this screen shot I have the camera and mic turned off just in case but

it is the same if the camera is turned on. Again, there are no error messages.

Since it is part of AE, I am not sure how to go about uninstalling and then reinstalling it. I have never tried it since

I do not have physical copy of it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

my screenshot one.jpg

Here is screen shot when in "Record panel"

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Oct 11, 2017 Oct 11, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Okay, and if you double-click on Wilk in the Project Panel on the left, Rig mode stays blank?

What happens if you click Chloe from the Start menu? Does she open up in Rig & Record mode or does it stay blank?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Oct 11, 2017 Oct 11, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I tried double clicking when I opened it up in AE and nothing. Then, I started

in up from the CC app and still nothing. Finally, I opened up Screen Resolution

and changed it from true color to high color. Restarted computer. Went back in

and changed it back to true color and restarted. Opened up program from app

and double clicked on Wilk and it showed up. Don't know what happened but

it seems to be working right now. Thanks for all your help. Now to concentrate on

making my puppet. Thanks again.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Oct 12, 2017 Oct 12, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Glad you figured it out - and thanks for sharing your solution for other people who might run into similar issues in the future!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines