Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Character Animator text document Error

Community Beginner ,
Oct 09, 2017 Oct 09, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello everyone!

I have been using character animator for the past 3 months and I have never had a problema until now. I dragged an mp3 file into CA and suddenly that error message appeared. Every time I click ok instantly the window opens again so I can not do anything, not even close the program. I force quit the program and I restarted my laptop but it doesn't seem to work. Any solutions? Thank you!

Screen Shot 2017-10-09 at 16.50.06.png

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Weird. Asking the team if they've seen this before...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Try holding down the Option key when you launch Ch -- that opens with a new project instead of opening your previous project. If that works, and you can reproduce the problem with the mp3, please send it to us so we can fix the underlying problem.

If you can't open your old project, zip it up and send it to us and we'll try to fix it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What's the name of the mp3 file?  If you change the name (remove any strange characters), then import the file, does it work?  What about other mp3 files?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 10, 2017 Oct 10, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello guys! You were really helpful! I did open Ch holding down the Option key and a new project opened. Then I changed the name of the mp3 file, Jim was right, it had strange characters and that is why the error happened. Now everything works fine again!

Thank you very much for helping me!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Oct 10, 2017 Oct 10, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Do you have a copy of the file name we can have to test?  Paste it as a reply?  Thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 11, 2017 Oct 11, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

HUEVOS SORPRESA DE COMIDA JAPONESA

The icons do not appear here on the reply. It has the icon of a ball of rice and a sashimi at the end. I downloaded it from YouTube to make a voice text for a job.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Oct 11, 2017 Oct 11, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Any chance you could send me a link to the file?  Dropbox perhaps?  Thanks.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 12, 2017 Oct 12, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi!

The file might be haunted because Dropbox gives me an error and I can not upload it and share. I can send it to an email account if you provide me with one.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Oct 12, 2017 Oct 12, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Private message sent...  Thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines