• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Remove Certificate Security (I have original certificate)

New Here ,
Oct 06, 2017 Oct 06, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I put a certificate on a document and need to remove it.

It tells me You are not Authorized to change the security settings of this document.

I put the Certificate on with this PC and I have the certificate.

Any idea how to get adobe to recognize the certificate installed on my PC?

Acrobat X is what I have installed.

TOPICS
Security digital signatures and esignatures

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Engaged ,
Oct 09, 2017 Oct 09, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Deleting a signature is not the same thing as changing the security settings. If you are talking about a signature, you can just delete it if you have the certificate used to sign. You can't delete a Certifying signature until all following signing signatures have been deleted.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Oct 12, 2017 Oct 12, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When you added the certificate security did you allow changing the document for your certificate?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,
Oct 12, 2017 Oct 12, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

If you have multiple certificates on your PC, and one of them (not the one you used to set security) is listed as a recipient certificate, it is possible that Acrobat opened the document using the recipient certificate. There is no way to control this, other than making all the recipient certificates unavailable when you open the file. If the file is opened with the owner certificate, you should be able to change the security settings.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines